Tech-support type questions

nicolasb

« on: 9 Mar 2005, 10:35 am »
1) The battery in my SP1.7 remote control is flat. How exactly is one supposed to change it? (Tried undoing the 4 screws in the base, but it still doesn't seem to want to open up).

2) Rather more importantly, one channel on my 9B-ST amplifier has just stopped working. There's no sound output, and the corresponding LED on front panel stays dark while the other four go red/green as normal when switching on. Before I start bugging PMC about it, is there anything I ought to check myself first?

Levi

Re: Tech-support type questions
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2005, 01:20 pm »
It's good to hear you didn't strip the screws on the remote :lol: .  All you need to do now is to find a knife to pry it open.  Careful not to scratch the finish.

Quote from: nicolasb
1) The battery in my SP1.7 remote control is flat. How exactly is one supposed to change it? (Tried undoing the 4 screws in the base, but it still doesn't seem to want to open up).

2) Rather more importantly, one channel on my 9B-ST amplifier has just stopped working. There's no sound output, and the corresponding LED on front panel stays dark while the other four go red/green as normal when switching on. Before I start bugging PMC about it, is there anything I ought to check myself first?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2005, 01:25 pm »
Hi nicolasb,

Could be the fuse on that channel or the outputs have shorted.

james

nicolasb

« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2005, 01:52 pm »
Quote from: James Tanner
Could be the fuse on that channel or the outputs have shorted

Either way this is presumably not something I can do anything about myself? Or is replacing a fuse simple enough for end-users to do?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2005, 01:56 pm »
I would contact Andy at PMC.

james

nicolasb

« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2005, 02:19 pm »
Will do. Thanks, James. :notworthy:

gravy

• -Scott
Re: Tech-support type questions
« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2005, 03:26 pm »
Quote from: nicolasb

Hey Nic,

When's the last time you changed the battery in your remote?   It seems like I'm in there every month.   In fact last time I put a little note in there with the date, and it was just about 30 days before I was in there again.

I do use the motion sensor and backlight...

nicolasb

« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2005, 05:11 pm »
This is the first time it's gone flat, but I have to say I don't use it much. (Girlfriend does). From my end of the sofa the signal it produces isn't strong enough for the processor to pick up  :o , so I use a Philips Pronto instead which works fine. :)

I think it's gone flat from falling down the back of the sofa one time too many and having the buttons pressed for several hours continuously.  :oops: