UpgrADING FROM 7B ST TO 7B3?

Alfalfa

UpgrADING FROM 7B ST TO 7B3?
« on: 30 Dec 2020, 10:00 pm »
Hi again,

It’s been a while since I last visited this forum, maybe some 10 years or so.  :lol:

Recently I’ve rediscovered the fun of ‘serious’ listening to my music collection through my Bryston BP26+power supply and 7B ST’s and PMC IB2’s.

I’m looking for detailed experiences of others who have upgraded their older Bryston amplifiers to the new stuff. Where do you feel that the new ‘ 3’  series amplifiers improved upon the older Bryston gear? I’ve read through the forum and the many great reviews of the latest generation of Bryston amplifiers. But those often describe the amplifiers on their own or compare them to other modern offerings from other manufacturers.

Can you help me paint somewhat a picture of what I can expect of the new stuff compared to older Bryston stuff? I must confess that I’ve already had a home demo of the 4B3 but that was before I realised that I had positioned my speakers in a very bad way that seemed to make the lower frequencies disappear.  :scratch: In other words that was not the succes I hoped for.  :duh:

Sharing your experience is appreciated!  :thumb: