SteveHopkins82

« on: 26 Dec 2020, 11:12 pm »
Hi.  I bought the x-cs kit from gr research without having a clue what I'm doing.  I watched Danny's crossover build on youtube but since he uses extra parts and it's not the kit I bought I don't know enough for it to help me.  I'm hoping this community might be able to help.  I have the basic kit with no upgrades.  Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning more.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2020, 11:24 pm »
Welcome Steve.
I will move this topic to the GR Reseach Circle.

SteveHopkins82

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2020, 11:35 pm »
Thanks, I didn't look around much before I posted.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2020, 12:16 am »
Welcome!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2020, 01:33 am »
Welcome to AC!

Where do you think you might be getting stuck on the crossover assembly?

yardbird

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2020, 01:31 am »
Burlap bags stuffed with Rockwool. I bought bags that were about 36" tall and 15" in diameter (stuffed). Rockwool is available from Lowes.

SteveHopkins82

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jan 2021, 11:59 am »
I'm stuck at the beginning : ).  I don't know what the parts are or what they do, I don't know how they relate to each other, and I don't know how to read the wiring page that came with the parts.  I basically need to know what is supposed to connect to what.  I'm confident I can do the actual work of putting it together and soldering and the rest.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2021, 03:29 pm »
I'm stuck at the beginning : ).  I don't know what the parts are or what they do, I don't know how they relate to each other, and I don't know how to read the wiring page that came with the parts.  I basically need to know what is supposed to connect to what.  I'm confident I can do the actual work of putting it together and soldering and the rest.

Call me and I'll walk you through the whole thing.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jan 2021, 06:11 pm »
Call me and I'll walk you through the whole thing.

Times like this is when facetime or video calls are great, so you can both see what you are doing.