Exhibiting with SP Technology Revelation speakers

Karsten

« on: 7 Mar 2005, 03:34 pm »
We did a great show with the Revelations this weekend. I'll post some links and translate a few highlights.

From http://www.euphonia-audioforum.se/forums/index.php?showtopic=1403

Vogue: "Best sound was presented by StudioSound with the big SP Tech speakers, huge and impressive soundstage"

From http://www2.hififorum.nu/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37703��

Mace: "SP Technology Revelation MKII was a whole new experience :mrgreen:  :D  8) Us, Mr & Mrs MACE, has never been so wonderfully massaged by sound before :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

I'll post som more as it gets on the net.

Regards,
Karsten
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2007, 12:31 pm by SP Pres »

Christof

« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2005, 08:23 pm »
Karsten

Did you happen to snap a pic of them?  

c.

NealH

« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2005, 10:11 pm »
Is the soundstage on these speakers as big as on the Magnepan 3.6's?

I like the looks of these speakers but, not the price.  TL's dont always work for every room, but perhaps these do.

Karsten

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2005, 09:12 am »
Quote from: rnhood
Is the soundstage on these speakers as big as on the Magnepan 3.6's?

I like the looks of these speakers but, not the price.  TL's dont always work for every room, but perhaps these do.

It's difficult to make a direct comparison since the SP is a point source, with the right program material they will literally fill the room, however a tiny voice will still be a tiny voice.

Although they have an impressive bass output, it seems to integrate well with the room. However this amount of low frq. will of course be a problem if it excites troublesome room modes. Anyway the way it couples to the air does seem to make it easier to solve potential problems.

The price, well 10k for a set in studio finish, that's a bargain taking the performance into consideration.

Brg,
Karsten

Karsten

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2005, 09:15 am »
Quote from: Christof
Karsten

c.

I would have brought my camera the last day, but in the rush, I forgot.... :(

Follow the linke I posted and you will find pictures.

Regards,
Karsten

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2005, 09:31 am »
Quote from: Karsten
Quote from: Christof
Karsten

c.

I would have brought my camera the last day, but in the rush, I forgot.... :(

Follow the linke I posted and you will find pictures.

Regards,
Karsten
Christof...here you go, looks good....
    [/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2005, 03:21 pm »
    A little more feed back from the show:

This is from www.hifi4all.dk

"Generally speaking I think it was a good show, especially the hifi club room with B&W 800d/Classé and the StudioSound room (Orpheus, Belles & SP Revelation, fell in me and my girlfriends taste."

"StudioSounds enormous setup, Damn Good Sound..."

"Some of the best we heard was SP Revelation with Belles Amplifiers"

"StudioSound had, after my opinion, the best sound of show. Only weakness was a slight lack of warmth in the upper bass/lower midrange and the perspective of depth was not in proportion with the otherwise enormous soundstage, it could have been the room, but this is how I experienced it. I was very impressed by the size of the instruments, the floor bass was in full size here, you could almoust reach out and touch it."

"StudioSound had pulled out the heavy artillery and the sound impression was physically extremely impressive "

More to come..

Brg,
    Karsten

Karsten

« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2005, 09:52 pm »
    More:

From www.faktisk.se

"StudioSound were demonstrating SP Technology Revelation speakers, the groups opinion was that this was the best sound of show. They were very pleasureable to listen to."

"Great sound at the show.....

First place we visited was a bigger room with SP Technology Revelation speakers. I came back a few times to this room, one of the best at the show. Very nice sound and easy to listen to."

Still more to come :)

Brg,
    Karsten

Karsten

« Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2005, 09:06 pm »
    A little more:

From: http://www.euphonia-audioforum.se/forums/index.php?showtopic=1399&st=15

"I really liked the transmissionline, the bass performance of those creations will do as reference for my comming project :mrgreen: "

A little feed back placed at www.hifi4all.dk from first guy who came to listen to the Revelations after the show:
    "I listened to 6-7 tracks at the same setup which were at the show, the difference was GIGANTIC. At the show I was not that impressed, but after listening to the first track I got the impression of a 3D sound image like I have never experienced it before. The track we listened to was from my own CD which I have heard at least 500 times before. There is no doubt about that serious evaluation should be done elsewhere than a show."

Brg,
    Karsten

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
    « Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2005, 09:43 am »
    Karsten,
      Just wondering....Do you have anymore Audio Shows coming up over there ? In NY, end of April, will be the HE 2005.[/list:u]
        How are the Revelation's sounding now that you've had more time on them. Thanks !! :) [/list:u]
          Chris[/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2005, 04:40 pm »
    Chris,

Actually they are still improving over time. These Revelations are definitely breaking new grounds for me in terms of realism. The slight edginess that bothered me a little with the old tweeter is completely gone, even with very complex material nothing gets messed up, every little detail is there in its right time and place. The bass performance is a whole chapter for it selves, it is physical (as in VERY), deeeep, clean and detailed. I had to place the Revelations on a set of Starsound Sistrum platforms, otherwise the entire room was put into vibrations at certain frequencies, I even got little waves in my coffee cup  :D  The platforms took really good care of this issue, otherwise I would have had to reinforce the entire floor structure. I just wish I had thought of using the Sistrums at the show, as it would have solved the floor resonance problem there.

I have no immediate plans for additional shows this year although something may be arranged. If things work out it is possible that SP Tech can be found at T.H.E Show next year, even with an entirely new top model :mrgreen:  I don’t know how many details Bob wants me to post about this one, so any information about this must come from him.

Brg,
    Karsten

seadogs1

Re: Exhibiting with SP Technology Revelation speakers
    « Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2006, 07:02 pm »
    Karsten, back on Mar.24, 2005 you mentioned that Bob was working on an entirely new top model. Is that project still in the works? Are there going to be any updates to the Revelations ie external crossovers?

Double Ugly

Re: Exhibiting with SP Technology Revelation speakers
    « Reply #12 on: 16 Aug 2006, 08:38 pm »
    Karsten, back on Mar.24, 2005 you mentioned that Bob was working on an entirely new top model. Is that project still in the works? Are there going to be any updates to the Revelations ie external crossovers?

Hi seadogs1,

I'm not Karsten, but I think I can answer your questions.

First, plans for other models, including that which my represent an improvement over the Revelations, are on hold.  The SP Technology/NuForce collaboration is taking up pretty much all of Bob's time at present, and will for the foreseeable future.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure the Revelations can be ordered with external crossovers.  I don't believe Bob has built a pair like that yet, but as long as the purchaser is ready to specify exactly what he/she expects (what you want the crossover housed in, etc.) it should not be a problem.

Hope that helps.

-Jim
    « Last Edit: 17 Aug 2006, 09:26 pm by Double Ugly »