NBT STUDIO looking for GR/Rythmik subwoofer for review

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Thought I would share this post from Next Best Thing Studio on youtube, in case someone is willing to help. They're looking for a GR Research OB kit or Rythmik subwoofers to loan for a review.

I believe they are based out of Canada.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: NBT STUDIO looking for GR/Rythmik subwoofer for review
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2020, 12:05 am »
Here are the links to their youtube channel:
https://youtube.com/c/NextBestThingStudio

And Website:
https://nbtsmedia.com/

e_biz80

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2020, 01:15 am »
I replied to them, but I’m sure they would have to pick this stuff up as there’s no packaging for the subs or my NX-Treme’s. Plus it’s all so heavy

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2020, 10:00 pm »
I had an idea since he's looking for *any* GR Research kit.
I was curious if anyone else is interested pitch in to build an XLS kit to send him as well as the NX-Tremes and Dual OB subs.

Fully upgraded crossover, along with binding posts & tube connections for A/B comparison. As well as a pair of 8' 16-strand cables with tube connectors & banana plugs.

It can be a "community-funded" pair of X-LS Encore & cables for any reviewer that wishes to take a look to see what they're capable of & see what DIY has to offer.

We can also decide as a group on what colors we want to go with, as well as roundovers or bevels, etc.

Total cost of parts will probably run about $1000 with all upgrades, a flat pack, & cable kit.

XLS Encore+upgrades $479
Tube connectors: $60
No-Rez: $50
18' 16-strand cable + kit $215
Flat pack: ~$200
Total: ~$1005 (plus shipping)

Is anyone else interested in this idea?

RolandButcher

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2020, 03:43 am »
I'd chip in for that.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2020, 07:43 am »
Hobbs, if you spearhead this, I have some finished empty cabinets I could put into the effort. My video mules or perhaps something else. I'd also be willing to make a reusable shipping crate.

RonP

« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2020, 02:54 pm »
Great idea!

I have some no-rez sitting around that I never got around to putting into my previous, commercial speakers.

Let me know.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2020, 03:34 pm »
Yeah! I'd love to work on a group project like this!

It would be an honor to use one of your cabinets, Peter! And a crate would be a fantastic option since it's much more sturdy im the long term than any sort of box.

Luckily only a single sheet of Norez is needed, which makes things easy, but anything anyone want to contribute would be helpful, be it time, skill, parts, money, etc.

Question would be how to best collect funds for the project?
Paypal probably?
Should I also start a new thread dedicated to the build breaking down the plan, basic costs and such?
That way everyone can support the project if/how they want & follow along with the progress/assembly etc.

roscoe65

« Reply #8 on: 15 Dec 2020, 05:04 pm »
I have a pair of XLS Encores with Tube Connectors, No Rez and the base crossovers.  I also have a set of components to build the upgraded crossovers but have not taken the time to do so as of yet.

I also own a pair of Rythmik F8 subwoofers.  These have 2 x 8” drivers with 600wpc per side.

I may be interested in lending these for the group effort if others can cover the shipping and insurance both ways.  It would be interesting to measure and hear the differences in the crossovers.  It’s also a great opportunity for me to get some objective opinions about the speakers.  It should be a lot less than $1,000.  For what its worth, I have $1,000 in the Encores and about $1,400 in the Rythmiks.

R

Captainhemo

« Reply #9 on: 18 Dec 2020, 06:16 pm »
Hobbs, if you spearhead this, I have some finished empty cabinets I could put into the effort. My video mules or perhaps something else. I'd also be willing to make a reusable shipping crate.

Yoiu've got one of our  dual h-frames there, we could send you  a  2nd to match.
We don't have any extra woofers/amps right now....

Also,  I may have a  beter option for the  Encores being the   guy is in Canada..... let me think on this one for a bit

jay