BP-17 3 lighting up source during power off

Sidstall

BP-17 3 lighting up source during power off
« on: 8 Dec 2020, 07:42 am »
I’ve got a weird one. Lately, when I power off the preamp, it will change the source, lighting green. Then on shutdown the power and source will start illuminated red.  If I restart the source will change back and light green along with the power button.

I’ve tried with the streamer (BDP2) paused, playing, and off. No change in operation. I don’t know that’s it’s doing any damage! But it’s definitely different.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BP-17 3 lighting up source during power off
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2020, 11:45 am »
I’ve got a weird one. Lately, when I power off the preamp, it will change the source, lighting green. Then on shutdown the power and source will start illuminated red.  If I restart the source will change back and light green along with the power button.

I’ve tried with the streamer (BDP2) paused, playing, and off. No change in operation. I don’t know that’s it’s doing any damage! But it’s definitely different.

Hi

Different products will have different shutdown and startup procedures due to software differences but no harm done.

james

Sidstall

Re: BP-17 3 lighting up source during power off
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2020, 08:01 am »
Okay, just weird that it just started doing it. I’ll run it ‘til the wheels fall off.