The Power and the Glory! B135 & Klipsch Cornwall lll

wplash666

I have got to say I have an odd couple in my listening room but they are AWESOME together, Bryston B135 cubed DAC with Klipsch Cornwall lll speakers. I don't see many systems with Bryston and Klipsch in the same room , but for me, along with a BDP-2, this system makes the best music I have ever had in my room.  I haven't had the B135 long , but this is the best pre-amp , amp, dac combo I have ever heard. At 102 db sens. the Cornwalls will never need any more power than the B135 has, and this amp controls this speaker in a way that leaves nothing to be desired. I am hearing much deeper into the music than I have ever heard before, and that has to be down to the TOTAL PACKAGE that the B1353DAC is.                   I am at peace with my system.

jtcf

Re: The Power and the Glory! B135 & Klipsch Cornwall lll
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2020, 05:16 pm »
My brother has a megawatt Parasound amp partnered with his Cornwalls and though definitely overkill, it sounds wonderful! Enjoy:-)

veloceleste

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2020, 11:32 pm »
Not an odd-ball couple at all IMHO.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2023, 06:07 pm by veloceleste »

sfraser

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2020, 05:47 pm »
My home theatre/basement bar is currently powered by all Bryston amp's and mostly  Klipsch speakers , including a pair of heavily modded LaScala's as the mains. The Center channel is a Bob Crites custom speaker .....but he lives  and breathes Klipsch , so we will call that a wash. Having a hard time dialing in the room , but that may be the Outlaw pre/pro I am using as well.

Scott

wplash666

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2020, 08:24 pm »
I was using a Bryston SP 1.7 as my 2ch pre/dac with a 3BST amp and it sounded really good , tried some newer DAC's out of curiosity , some sounded good but not better, tried Wyred4Sound DAC2, Denafrips Ares R-2R DAC , even bought a Benchmark DAC 3 , ended up selling them all , the SP 1.7 was just more musical. I had seen the favorable reviews on the B1353/dac and found one almost new that I could afford I could not resist. I am glad I didn't. The sound with this amp is so much more natural, relaxed , and resolving at the same time, just solid, I hear new things in recordings I should know by heart. I know it is not just the amp,it has got to be the new DAC and Pre-amp section all together. I didn't know my Cornwalls could sound so good.

servingko

« Reply #5 on: 1 Dec 2020, 09:33 pm »
Glad you are enjoying it.   I miss it a little.   

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 1 Dec 2020, 09:38 pm »
My very first speakers were LaScala's

james

wplash666

« Reply #7 on: 2 Dec 2020, 05:19 am »
James ...That is so cool.

wplash666

« Reply #8 on: 2 Dec 2020, 05:20 am »
Servingko  - I can't thank you enough!

circleman

« Reply #9 on: 2 Dec 2020, 06:45 am »
Very nice.  Speaking of The Power and the Glory it might be fitting to test the system using the song "Aspirations" from Gentle Giant's "The Power and the Glory" CD.