Sota Cosmos turntable, for parts or repair.

marknoir

Sota Cosmos turntable, for parts or repair.
« on: 15 Nov 2020, 04:56 pm »
Sota Cosmos turntable, early serial # 007, for parts or repair. I did my best trying to fix this thing, and I have refurbished the vacuum unit, it performs like new now. But I wasn't able to get the speed issues fixed. Wow and flutter are pretty high, and it is "wowing" audibly, especially on piano, clear sign of stability issues. May be the bearing is bad, may be the motor/control. I've had enough, let somebody else try. So it's for sale as a whole or parts. Here is the parts list:

Platter with zirconium ball; reflex clamp with box (rubber pad on it is dry); two arm-boards, one is thicker, one is thinner, both seem to be cut for SME/Graham; power supply/vacuum unit (7 in Hg/3 in Hg, 30.5 vdc); two motors, one original 1988 Papst, one Sapphire identical 1984 that I used for comparisons; Cosmos control/switching board; aluminum honeycomb/carbon fiber subchassis with Nova-like aluminum brace and platter spindle; acrylic arm-board holder; springs; feet with cones; Corian-like Fountaihead artificial stone plinth; 2-page manual; original boxes. I will respond to reasonable offers. Asking $800 for the whole, and best offers for parts.

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: Sota Cosmos turntable, for parts or repair.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2020, 04:59 pm »
And the price is???

Gene

marknoir

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2020, 05:02 pm »
Sorry. Will post price for the whole table. Parts are for sale to best offers.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2020, 05:42 pm »
No problem. I wish I knew enough about these things to tackle a job like this.

GLWS

Gene