Transfiguration MC cartridge

DGoosen

Transfiguration MC cartridge
« on: 3 Nov 2020, 03:47 pm »
Has anyone here compared a Transfiguration Temper (first generation) cartridge to other low output moving coil cartridges? Also interested in phono stage recommendations for a low output cartridge. Any information you post will be greatly appreciated!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Transfiguration MC cartridge
« Reply #1 on: 3 Nov 2020, 04:04 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC DGoosen   :thumb:  You might also start a thread in the Vinyl Circle   https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=32.0    for better viewing & response.  8)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2020, 05:08 am »
Welcome  :thumb:
I will move this topic to the Vinyl Circle for your convenience, where LP guys will see your question.

BobM

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2020, 12:49 pm »
I had a first gen Transfiguration Temper some years ago. It was about 10 years old when I got it. It would be much older now.

It sounded pretty good for its age, but when I gave it up and moved to a more current model I saw how it was lacking some things. I now have a Lyra Kleos and can't say enough about this cartridge.

DGoosen

« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2020, 05:35 am »
Thanks Bob, trying out vinyl again after about 30 years of listening to CD recordings. This cartridge was apparently re-tipped and is in good working order, but as usual it looks like substantially better products are out there. Seen a lot of good stuff said about Lyra cartridges. Waiting for a Graham Slee Accession MC phono stage (almost a blind roll of the dice).
PS would you be the same BobM who posts on Progressive Ears?