Spatial audio

Jimman

Spatial audio
« on: 29 Oct 2020, 03:22 pm »
Hello everybody, I’m new to this forum but active on others. This seem like the place to be regarding spatial audio. I’ve gotten quite interested in open baffle speakers and decided to take the plunge. Now the hard part is picking the right speaker. I’m deciding between m3s and x5? My system is in my living room so waf is always a factor I have a modwright kwi 200. Obviously I’ll have enough power for either speaker, but my room is a living room dining room 25’x30’.  So it’s a large space I’m not a bass head, but I like good bass.

Has anyone on the forum used the m3s in a large room? Is the bass enough with out subs? Presuming a person didn’t care about the other advantages the x5 bring to the table  is the bass worth an extra 2000?   

Any thoughts are welcome esp. if you have herd  both speakers. Thanks

jjss49

Re: Spatial audio
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2020, 05:08 pm »
call clayton directly at the number on their website tell him about your room your system your taste he will guide you

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2020, 05:58 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Jimman   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2020, 12:57 am »
Welcome

Jimman

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2020, 12:52 am »
Thanks for the reply’s guys.  We have been in contact. He’s not sure the M3s would fill the room with bass and thinks the x5 would be better. He is a great guy to deal with.  Obviously though I can see him not wanting people to be disappointed with a product. So if the room size is boarderline to big I could see him playing it safe. Just wondering if anyone has experience with both speakers to get a better idea of how much you gain with the x5

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2020, 02:41 am »
My X5s have much better bass than my older M3Triode Masters.  No comparison.