Powering issue

acadie_bazz

Powering issue
« on: 27 Oct 2020, 01:50 am »
Hi, I wanted to change my power cord this evening on my 4B3 amplifier. I followed the owner manual steps Before plugging in the power cord, make sure the Master Circuit Breaker is switched to the ‘ON’ position. Plug
the IEC-320 C14 end of the power cord into the amplifier, then plug the other end into an approved and grounded A/C receptacle. The STATUS LED should flash green, then switch to red indicating A/C power is present in the unit.).

When I pressed the power on button in front, nothing happen. Any suggestion?

srb

Re: Powering issue
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2020, 04:04 am »
The Remote Power-Up switch got bumped to External instead of Local?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Powering issue
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2020, 10:51 am »
Hi, I wanted to change my power cord this evening on my 4B3 amplifier. I followed the owner manual steps Before plugging in the power cord, make sure the Master Circuit Breaker is switched to the ‘ON’ position. Plug
the IEC-320 C14 end of the power cord into the amplifier, then plug the other end into an approved and grounded A/C receptacle. The STATUS LED should flash green, then switch to red indicating A/C power is present in the unit.).

When I pressed the power on button in front, nothing happen. Any suggestion?

Hi Folks,

I have seen this before where some of these more 'exotic' power cords do not work.  Try going back to the stock cord to check.

james