Newbie intro

Ozrikconan

• Hi fi lo bux
Newbie intro
« on: 22 Oct 2020, 03:51 pm »
Hello all. Ozrikconan here.  Blame my brother in law for getting me back into audio.  Dont consider myself a “phile”yet.  20+ years ago i had allison I spkrs. Yamaha. CA1010 integrated. Yam t70 tuner. Kenwood concrete base turntable. Grace tonearm.  Dont recall cartridge. Lotsa  vinyl

All gone except t70.  Listened in the car. Etc. totally out of the loop.

About 8 months ago the BIL refurbished a pair of ebay lascalas. Look and sound very nice.  Looking for subs. He found bill fitzmaurice, bought plans. While he was waffling i build the autotuba.  Bought a little dayton audio class D 2.1 amp & paired with wife’s old infinity rs10 bookshelf spkrs.   Nice improvement over blutoof spkr in garage.   Fell for hype & bought rp600ms.  Really like them with subs.  Repurposed blueray player for cds & movies. Got schiit modi3 to decode tv toslink out and blueray digital coax out.  Build spkr stands, build panel thingy to hide rats nest of wires.  Good stopping point right?  Then found gr research. And god knows where this will end.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Newbie intro
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2020, 08:47 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Ozrikconan   :thumb:  Sit back & enjoy the ride, with lots of good tunes of course.  :D

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2020, 10:55 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2020, 03:52 am »
Welcome to AC!

Ozrikconan

• Hi fi lo bux
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2020, 01:33 pm »
Thanks!  Had some friends over for dinner and spent most of the timing listening to amazonmusicunlimited streaming 70’s 80’s 90’s top 100 playlists with some newer stuff thrown in.   They were loving it.  So i’m recruiting... :D