SP2 Dropout Fix?

Ardemus

SP2 Dropout Fix?
« on: 6 Oct 2020, 09:16 am »
To round out my 3 introductory posts I have one more SP2 question:

Does anyone know if there is there a fix or workaround for the DAC dropping out during quiet moments of PCM digital audio?

A good test track is the intro to "UR So F****D" from Army of Mushrooms, by Infected Mushroom. It has a series of brief pauses and the SP2 drops out during all of them (in case it matters, I was playing it from Spotify through my TV over SPDIF).

When I got my SP2 this was a known issue that Bryston didn't have a solution for. I understand that the SP2 thinks it lost the audio signal if it's too close to digital black for a fraction of a second. Was a fix ever found?

This is the only real problem I have with my SP2. Movies and TV are generally fine. I lose the first fraction of a second of every song. Some things I just can't listen to: For example: I recently tried a YouTube video of a voice coach reviewing music, and the SP2 dropped out between most of her words.

servingko

Re: SP2 Dropout Fix?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2020, 04:24 am »
You can “force” inputs to ignore the analogue and just look at the digital input for each source selection.  The manual has the info for that and it should take care of it.  I used it on my SP2 bits it’s been it’s box long enough that I don’t remember the process.