Introduction

Ardemus

Introduction
« on: 6 Oct 2020, 08:02 am »
Hello there,

I'm new to Audio Circle, and I understand that demands an intro:

I'm a generalist, mainly aimed at multiware engineering management these days. I've enjoyed audio and music since childhood. I'm as into building an accurate system as I am anything else, but I also enjoy all sorts of music.

My first audio was something from Payless as a kid and I went through a lot of upgrades, passing through Cambridge Soundworks into Rotel separates with Paradigm Monitor 20s, and ultimately finding my way to Bryston and through them to PMC. There's room to grow, but I've been pretty happy with my current system overall:

Bryston SP2
Bryston 2BLP (I had a 3BST but it just didn't compare)
PMC FB1 mains

I've done the full surround thing (I still have the matching center channel in storage) but I've been happy enough with a good 2.0/2.1 system.

My interests are cyclic, and I've been back to audio recently. At the moment I'm focused on finally finding a sub that can blend with the FB1s (REL/SVS/Rythmik?) and room calibration (much more difficult to get up to speed on). That brings me here to find out what has been happening over the years, and what other people have done with what I have.

Grit

• - Garrett
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2020, 04:47 pm »
Wecome aboard! Glad to have you here.  :D

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2020, 06:56 pm »
   Yes welcome  to the the world of  Bryston.  :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator