My Introduction

jmdavidson87

My Introduction
« on: 18 Sep 2020, 02:04 am »
Hello,

I am a (relatively) young audiophile. I enjoy all types of music, but classic rock is my main go to (thanks, Dad). Grateful Dead and Phish are two loves of mine, among many others. My father is a musician, and has played in bands his entire life (he is currently 71 and still gigs!)  I owe my passion of music to him, as I spent many evenings with him in the studio at band practice. That being said, I do enjoy my music loud sometimes. I have 2 listening setups in my home. My main system is a more vintage, tube approach. The other is a new-ish age solid state system. Dynamics and tonality are what I value most (probably quite common).

Second system: Tekton Double Impacts, HSU VT2 mk4 subwoofer, Parasound P/SP-1000 preamp, Parasound HCA-2200 II power amp. I also have a First Watt F6 that I was using until I came across the Parasound power amp. That amp is a powerhouse, and has total control over the massive Tektons.

Main system: 1982 Klipsch La Scalas (all original drivers, Crites type A crossovers), 2 x HSU ULS15 mk2 subwoofers, Aesthetix Callisto Signature preamp, Art Audio PX-25 power amp.  Such sweet synergy between the La Scalas and the all tube pre/power amp.

Glad to be a member here, and share with everyone!

Regards,

Joel

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2020, 02:12 am »
Welcome Joel

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2020, 03:05 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Joel   :thumb:  Nice systems.  8)

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2020, 03:53 am »
Welcome!

Rusty Tac

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2020, 10:27 am »
Welcome to AC.  Nice pics!