Hoping to move upward in Michigan

bladerunner6

Hoping to move upward in Michigan
« on: 3 Sep 2020, 04:30 pm »
Hello,

I currently have a HT system based on Primus speakers with a BIC sub but I want to do a significant upscale for music listening. Right now I have a pair of Elac UB5’s that I got at a reasonable price and they are definitely an upgrade for music.  However, I am not sure I will keep them in the long term.

I am in Michigan and have long had an interest in Salk. 

I hope to realize owning some soon, either used or new.

Thanks.

jd3

Re: Hoping to move upward in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2020, 07:28 pm »
There are quite a few Salk owners in Michigan.  You might be able to audition some (though that could be an issue with some due to Covid),  or check with Jim to see if he has anything available to audition at the shop.  I'll have a pair of SongTower RT's that I'll be looking to sell soon.

bladerunner6

« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2020, 12:58 am »
I am going to set up a media room in a second/third bedroom in our next house.

How well do you think the RT’s will work in a space like that as music speakers with something like a Denon AVR?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 4 Sep 2020, 10:56 am by bladerunner6 »

jd3

« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2020, 10:29 am »
I had my SongTowers in a HT setup with a Denon 4300 until recently.  I moved them to my main setup after selling my Encores which is a basically a 2.1 music system and a 3.1 HT system when I use HT bypass with the TV. 

DWG

« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2020, 03:59 pm »
JD3.  Why did you sell your Encores?

jd3

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2020, 06:06 pm »
JD3.  Why did you sell your Encores?

My wife is retiring next year and we’re downsizing.  Loved the Encores but too much speaker for the next house.

DWG

« Reply #6 on: 6 Sep 2020, 09:15 pm »
JD3. Thanks for the reply.  I have the same concerns.  Guess I'll have to focus my attention on smaller offerings.