OB design question

Jmitchell3

OB design question
« on: 2 Sep 2020, 01:42 am »
For those more initiated than I (Danny?), after all the stuff I’ve learned about the cancellation effects of rear and front waves for OB and how wider baffles aren’t ideal, and how the wings are implemented to compensate on the nx series speakers, what is occurring that is less than ideal with the statiks? I really love my statiks but I’ve never heard the nx series so I don’t know how this concept plays out audibly. Anyone have any experience who might add some thoughts?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: OB design question
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2020, 05:20 am »
The X-Statik is a fantastic speaker!  I listen to mine everyday. 

While I haven’t heard the NX series, my Super 7 speakers share the same tweeter plus Danny’s magic.  The GR tweeter offers a more focused and yet more relaxed presentation over the still remarkable Encore tweeter in the Statiks.

Danny Richie

Re: OB design question
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2020, 01:12 pm »
One of my up and coming video's is going to be on this subject.

And with the X-Statik's the crossover is compensating for the small flat baffle and the lower drivers are creating the necessary fill in where the upper drivers start to fall off.

With the NX Series designs the baffle and wings are compensating and correcting the response so crossover parts are kept to a minimum.