SOLD Salk Supercharge SongTower SOLD

aasen7

SOLD Salk Supercharge SongTower SOLD
« on: 30 Aug 2020, 02:57 pm »
 Selling these Supercharge SongTower speakers for $1700, who I bought from a audiocircle member who lives in New Orleans. He was the original owner  These speakers are beautiful and only marks i see are on the plinths which are hard to see.  There are no boxes with the speakers, but I did reach out to Mr. Salk and new boxes with packaging shipped to me would be around $300.  Shipping is which cost the most.   Reason for sale is I don't trust my Labradors from not knocking them over, and no I can't get rid of the dogs. 

I compared them to my Revel F208's which weigh 80 lbs, and IMO the SCST is the more musical speaker.  The highs and midrange are better, with the bass just a bit better in the Revels.   Also I used the SCST in home theater applications and pretty much held its own against the F208's.  I was surprised how good the bass was in the SCST.  I have own Jim Salk's SS 7F speakers (which I have sold here with other things ) and the bass definitely goes lower in the SCST's.   

I will try and ship these speakers at buyers expense.  Of course, you can pick them up in person.  I live 15 minutes from downtown New Orleans in Belle Chasse, La 70037.  Thought of a second system in the spare bedroom, but then I would have to buy more stereo equipment.  The speakers are 4 years old and the other gentleman took very good care of them.  These speakers are for sale on another site.  I will try and put these speakers in my gallery for better pictures.

I bought some packaging and boxes for the speakers.  The boxes are 20x16x50 weight roughly 75 lbs.

Michael

« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2020, 03:29 pm by aasen7 »

Phil A

Re: Salk Supercharge SongTower
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2020, 04:25 pm »
Beautiful speakers (need to rotate them in your Gallery - for now so everyone can see them better I've done a couple).  Saw them on the other site (and just a little bit far to drive for me but if I were a bit closer I'd grab them).  Good luck with the sale.

aasen7

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2020, 05:01 pm »
Thanks for the help.   These are custom veneered in quilted maple and have a double dye (plum) process applied. 

aasen7

« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2020, 12:25 am »
Going down to $1600 for these speakers.  The pictures does not give these speakers their due justice.  I'm willing to ship at buyers cost.  I have all the protective material to ship the speakers, just no boxes.   

Happy Labor Day