Intro

audioquad

Intro
« on: 10 Aug 2020, 10:44 pm »
Hello All

I have been reading this forum since 2014-15 when I was designing a dedicated room. Danny was an immense help in advising on an infinite baffle sub system in my ceiling.  My ultimate goal is to get the Line Force speakers whenever the Neo 10's are available.  Here's hoping that is sometime soon.  Thanks to everyone here for sharing their knowledge.

Cheers

Tom

SoCalWJS

Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2020, 03:55 pm »
Welcome Tom!

So you set up an IB in the ceiling? Cool. Share some details! Great for HT in my experience, only time I heard them for a dedicated 2 channel, I wasn't impressed, but it was clear that they were not set up properly.

I hope the Neo 10 situation gets cleared up too. Everything I have heard about the Line Force confirms that they are SOTA speakers. So many contributors here have knowledge and willingly share their experiences and wisdom to any who ask. It's a great Circle.

John.

audioquad

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2020, 09:27 pm »
Hi John

I have four manifolds in the ceiling with each manifold holding 4 Rythmik 12" servo drivers facing each other.  The openings in the ceiling were made large enough so that the manifolds could be moved while measuring for best room response.  They definitely need to be set up properly due to timing issues.  They worked out fantastically in my room to the point that if I don't mention it, no one knows they are there. The bass is that well integrated. When the recording calls for bass it will present
itself.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2020, 11:25 pm »
 :o

Wow! So, 16 12” Rythmic Woofs.  :rock: Very impressive. I bet the sound is “effortless” & clean. Great qualities in HT for the LFE.

Hope you get to build those Line Force’s someday.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2020, 11:29 pm »
That's a pretty incredible setup! Congrats on getting it to work so perfectly, despite the timing differences! :thumb:
I'm sure its a killer setup!

audioquad

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2020, 12:43 am »
:o

Wow! So, 16 12” Rythmic Woofs.  :rock: Very impressive. I bet the sound is “effortless” & clean. Great qualities in HT for the LFE.

Hope you get to build those Line Force’s someday.

How you described it (effortless & clean) is exactly how they sound. I was shocked because I have never heard bass like that in an audio system. I'm sure many of the guys here who have open baffle bass had the same experience.