First real system

pricelessobject

First real system
« on: 7 Aug 2020, 01:41 am »
My first “real” system that really clicked circa 1980: Audio research D350 b, SP6 b with Czech tubes, Linn Sondek and Grace Ruby. Speakers Dahlquist DQ 10. The system is long gone but certainly had some so I heft. 23 years age my son pulled the needle out of stylus and I never was able to replace it. Many systems since. Was a dealer for Merlin, Blue Circle, Cardas and other audio companies back in the day. Thanks, Pricelessobject

pricelessobject

Re: First real system
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2020, 01:58 am »
My first “real” system that really clicked circa 1980: Audio research D350 b, SP6 b with Czech tubes, Linn Sondek and Grace Ruby. Speakers Dahlquist DQ 10. The system is long gone but certainly had some some  heft. 23 years ago my son pulled the needle out of the stylus and I never was able to replace it. Many systems since. Was a dealer for Merlin, Blue Circle, Cardas and other audio companies back in the day. Thanks, Pricelessobject

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2020, 01:59 am »
Welcome

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2020, 02:57 am »
Welcome!

pricelessobject

« Reply #4 on: 7 Aug 2020, 03:07 am »
Thanks. Now looking to rebuild pristine “looking” Muse 160 Series II to drive top sections of my Von Schweikerts balanced and bass modules with Muse 150 monos. Pre is factory modded VAC STD mkII mc/mm. Issue now, living in MI., is to get the amp to Canada where my great tech resides. Now just driving the speakers with the monos and, when the speakers get warm= sounds better than it should. Also any opines out there on refreshing Cal Audio CL 15 appreciated. Thanks PO