Fuse upgrade for Ayon Triton III gen 4 power amp and Auris II pre amp

Clarence169

Any suggestion for fuse upgrade on my Ayon Trition III gen 4 power amp and Auris II pre amp? thx

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Any suggestion for fuse upgrade on my Ayon Trition III gen 4 power amp and Auris II pre amp? thx
Certainly the best fuse is no fuse since all they limit the mains wall potential, use a cheap fuse from the nearest hardware store.

ric

I disagree with FRM, if you love your equipment and plan to keep it, read (other) reviews about synergistics orange fuse. I just put them in yesterday in my amp and dac and wow, no going back now. In my tube amp, fuses serve a purpose, to protect the amp, so even though no fuse would be best, the consequences of having a problem outweigh omitting them. Good luck!

Zyphryx

I changed the fuse in my preamp when it blew to the Orange fuse just out of curiosity. Didn't seem to do anything for the bass, as stated, but the imaging appears to be better and voices are clearer. It's still early but so far so good. I went into this thinking that if I heard no difference then I was out $150 and would have eliminated one unknown but there are far too many subtle differences for that to be the case.

Speedskater

• Kevin
Just stay with the fuse, specified by the manufacture.