Introductions

cfranco

Introductions
« on: 23 Jul 2020, 02:25 am »
Hello All,
My enjoyment of audio did not truly begin until i went with out from 90 to 2010 ish.  I loved buying and owning music in all forms, 8track, lp, cassettes up until sometime in 1990.  Got married in 86 and began the process of raising a family, by 1990 I was traveling the country for work and started my company in 1994 (29yo).  Long story shorter, did not purchase or even listen to much music during the years between 90 to 10.  My son wanted me to purchase a CD for him and asked if we could listen to it on the way home.  It was Linkin Park and I was hooked once again!  They were screaming Rock and Raping, never hearing anything like it, I couldn't get enough.  I began purchasing CD's to listen to in my truck, upgraded my truck sound system and was very content.  Some where around 2016 I got bored with the sound and began listening to books on CD.  It was then that I realized that the audio on the CD's through my system was not very good.  Got bored of all of it and basically listened to music in the garage while making sawdust.  My wife and I were watching an episode of Mad Men and the lead attorney had a wall of vintage albums and it clicked that I was missing the LP experience from when I was in Jr High/H.S..  I convinced my wife that I needed a simple LP setup and BOOM, I LOVE MY LP's!!!
My System,
Tyler Acoustics Signatures
Music Reference RM-10's Setup in Mono
Blue Circle Attenuator
Tom Evans Phono
Music Hall Ikara
Dennon DL103 Stylus

I have a listening space in the house and have enjoyed this setup immensely. 

That is my musical journey to this point. 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2020, 02:41 am »
Welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2020, 07:16 am »
Welcome!

cfranco

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2020, 12:30 am »
Thank you Gentlemen,
I look forward to learning from this community.  I actually found this site because I was researching for a schematic to my RM10's and Roger Modeski's name came up associated with this site.  I really look forward to spending time and learning on Audio Circle.

Gumby

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2020, 01:52 am »
We become so busy with life and raising kids, we forget to hang out with the kid inside ourselves.  Now that my boys are teenagers, I rediscovered the joys of great sounding music and riding a bike.  At 56 years of age, I feel like a 16 year old again. 

toocool4

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2020, 08:34 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle cfranco