SWL 9.0SE and WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)

modwright

« on: 27 Feb 2005, 04:55 pm »
I have been receiving positive feedback about our new SWL 9.0SE linestage preamp that includes positive comments from wives and girlfriends.

Here is a recent feedback from a Beta customer that upgraded to our SWL 9.0SE production unit.

"Let me explain what I hear in no particular order;
The bass is deeper and better articulated.   This has to go down another 10 to 15 hz.  It is also better controlled and sharp.  It absolutely fascinated me that the bass could be this good.

The highs and midrange are also clearer and more articulated.  The entire spectrum of sound is so well integrated it is almost scary.

The soundstage, although only slightly wider, is now incredibly deep.  

There is an "air" around the singers and instruments that is truly special.  The individual placement of singers and instruments is unwavering and solid.  You can pick out individual instruments and know that they are going to stay exactly where they are and are never smudged by other sound.  Really unbelievable. Singer placement on duets is rock solid.

However, the biggest complement you got is from my wife (she would rather listen to the speakers in the TV than my $40,000 home theater system).  She happened to walk through my room when the Ray Charles SACD "Genius Loves Company" was on.  She stopped, sat down next to me, listened to the entire CD, and then told me she thought she was in the room with the singers.  What else is there to say." - H. Lopato (2.27.05)

There are still a handful of units available at the introductory pricing of $1900.  As of 2.25.05, 43 out of the first 50 units had been sold.  After the first fifty are sold, the price will increase to $2200.

For more information, pictures and specifications, please e-mail me at modwright@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Dan W.

John B

« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2005, 06:56 pm »
What else is there to say.

Will she give classes to other wives who may not have developed the same high level of appreciation for our music?  About the only WAF my wife would be interested in is if it comes with a second remote so she can override my listening level choice  :nono:  :lol:

alotaklipsch

Re: SWL 9.0SE and WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2005, 08:33 pm »
"Let me explain what I hear in no particular order;
The bass is deeper and better articulated.   This has to go down another 10 to 15 hz.  It is also better controlled and sharp.  It absolutely fascinated me that the bass could be this good.

The highs and midran ...[/quote]

Congrats, again, Dan, I am still trying to sell my .... pre-amp.  I will have yours soon though :lol: