Just another XLS/CLS Encore build

Sasentmt

Just another XLS/CLS Encore build
« on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:01 am »
Hey all,

So after a long time of searching and going through build threads, I've decided to finally post the start of my build. As stated in the title, I'm building the XLS/CLS Encore with upgraded crossovers and tube connectors which will be simple compared to some of the beautiful builds I've seen here. Surrounds will be handled by the A/V 1RS and lower frequencies will be handled by dual Monolith 12" sealed subs. I had to build my media console first as well as one riser for the sub to get the wifey approval....and now that she's on board, I can start my speaker build. I look forward to the build as well as any tips and suggestions.

Fred

Poi

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: Just another XLS/CLS Encore build
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:21 am »
You are really stepping up the performance of your speakers. To get the most out of them then you might want to step up the room with some room treatments. That bare wall behind the speakers is really going to hit performance.

Sasentmt

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:28 am »
And that's why I posted this build....I would have never thought of that and thank you for the suggestion. I will look into room/wall treatments but since I only have one livingroom, it will need wifey approval, although I do remember reading about room/wall treatments that are, or look like pictures...

hawkeyejw

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:36 am »
Welcome, looking forward to seeing photos of the build!

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2020, 04:55 am »
I recommend isoacoustics stands.  These are the cheaper versions but they make fancy metal ones too.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_892ISO155/IsoAcoustics-ISO-155.html

Sasentmt

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2020, 05:29 am »
I actually ordered the brass spiked feet from GR Research for the left right and center channels but I will keep these in consideration... :thumb: