BP-26

Sasha

BP-26
« on: 27 Jun 2020, 11:52 pm »
I hope James can answer, were there any improvements to BP-26 over the years, is the present model the same as the one from let's say a decade ago?
We have seen quite a few generations of amps, wondering if anything was done to BP-26 or if anything is in the cards?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BP-26
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2020, 12:21 am »
I hope James can answer, were there any improvements to BP-26 over the years, is the present model the same as the one from let's say a decade ago?
We have seen quite a few generations of amps, wondering if anything was done to BP-26 or if anything is in the cards?

Hi

There have been small changes but nothing that would require a name change.

james

Sasha

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2020, 12:40 am »
Hi

There have been small changes but nothing that would require a name change.

james

Hi James,

Are those changes relates to performance improvements, and can they be applied to older models?

Sasha

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:40 am »
Hi James,

Are those changes relates to performance improvements, and can they be applied to older models?

Sasha

Hi Sasha

i would say no because it involves small capacitors, transistors and circuit board layouts etc. and would not really be economically feasible.

james

Wim J

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jul 2020, 02:46 pm »
Unfortunately I had the motherboard of my BP26 replaced. The new one (the broken one was 11years old) behaves different on startup. It starts the preamp with mute activated while the old one did not do that. Soundwise I do not notice a difference, except when the board was brand new. But it evolved to same sound signature as the older motherboard.

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2020, 05:06 pm »
I bought the current BP-26 late last year, as I'm building a two-channel stereo rig for my Son nd Grandson.

Maybe it's my ears, but I did not discern any changes SQ between the BP-26 and my trusty BP-6, using the BHA-1, and  listening via Sennheiser HD 660S and HD 800 cans.

YMMV