Hello from socal

nerdyog15

Hello from socal
« on: 31 May 2020, 05:41 pm »
Hey all,

I'm new to the audio game, started it as a hobby when i started spending a lot of time at home with the shelter-in-place. Since i've started, got the itch to find the perfect sound.

Currently have LS50 with Yamaha S801.

All the best,
Nerdy

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from socal
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2020, 11:48 pm »
Welcome Nerdy :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2020, 12:03 am »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2020, 11:16 pm »
Welcome to AC Nerdy   :thumb:

diyman

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2020, 11:45 pm »
Hi Nerdy and Welcome,

I've been trying to organize an audio interest group in SoCal at this level.  More for the average guy than the super rich, which is the focus of the big Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society.

And I'm expecting this new group to contain a DIY element, which LAOCAS shuns.  If you think you might be interested, please let me know.  Thanks.

nerdyog15

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2020, 01:21 am »
Sure! Please let me know how to participate

diyman

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2020, 07:07 am »
We could do it with PMs, but I wonder if the Facilitators could set up a new Circle for Local Club discussions like some other forums do.  That would be best so the discussion would be completely in the open for anyone to participate.  Perhaps FullRangeMan can comment on it.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2020, 07:13 am »
We could do it with PMs, but I wonder if the Facilitators could set up a new Circle for Local Club discussions like some other forums do.  That would be best so the discussion would be completely in the open for anyone to participate.  Perhaps FullRangeMan can comment on it.
I have no means to create a new Circle, PM the Admin for it with an volunteer facilitator on hand. You can create now a topic in the Reginal Audiophiles Circle to a easy start.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=55.0

diyman

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jun 2020, 03:39 am »
Thanks, FRM.  I didn't realize it would be that easy.  Thought that a forum admin like you had to do it.  I'll think about doing it myself instead.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 5 Jun 2020, 09:05 am »
Thanks, FRM.  I didn't realize it would be that easy.  Thought that a forum admin like you had to do it.  I'll think about doing it myself instead.
Please note I suggest you create a topic/thread(not a sub-forum or circle) in the Regional Audiophiles Circle, I think it will serve you for a while. Iam not admin, just a co-facilitator for this circle (Starting Block/Introductions).
Regards