[SOLD] Omega Grande 6r + DIY phase plug

hk29

[SOLD] Omega Grande 6r + DIY phase plug
« on: 31 May 2020, 07:18 am »
SOLD

I recently purchased Omega Grande 6R and realized that they were not for me.  I wanted to setup a second system, but need something a bit smaller. 

These are the Omega Grande 6R speakers in Black Parisian Maple Gloss.  The R version has R compound lining the interior walls of the speakers, internal Cardas litz wiring and Cardas silver plated terminals.  I would rate these as fair as they are showing their age.  They have no sonic issues (e.g., buzzing).  Of course with the phase plug, the center dust cap was removed by the previous owner.  This is what he said, “I constructed phase plugs for each speaker from a solid ebony dowell as described on planet 10 Hifi. Fantastic improvement in the smoothness of the midrange.”  The phase plug was based off the work on Planet 10 Hifi.

The finish is amazing, but does have surface scratches and some corner dents one one speaker.  Please take a look at the photos.  I have the original box to ship.  These are heavy and well built.  One of the grills had to be repaired as it came off the frame, but you can't tell from the front. 

Frequency response: 50-20kHz
Sensitivity: 95 db

Asking $299 friends and family + shipping (within the US) or local pick up in the SF, Cali area.
Shipping Dimension:   26.00in x 20.00in x 19.00in
Shipping weight: 65.00 (lbs)
Originating zip code: 94131

Please email me for a shipping quote if interested with a zip code or if you have any questions.

I took a set of pictures from each speaker so you can see the details:

Speaker "1"

Speaker "2"

« Last Edit: 1 Jun 2020, 09:13 pm by hk29 »