Question? 21" stands too low for Silks?

TKonrad.NOLA

Question? 21" stands too low for Silks?
« on: 24 May 2020, 07:13 pm »
I have a great pair of stands that I would like to use instead of buying others that are NOT as nice just to get another three inches or so.  What issues would I face from using 21" speaker stands?  Thanks in advance.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Question? 21" stands too low for Silks?
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2020, 08:29 pm »
Depending on your sitting height, I think you'll discover they are too low. I've got a pair of 21" four-post stands that are wonderful stands. In my home office, they work fine. In my family room, they were too low. Slide a 2" or 3" slab of butcher block under the stands.

I own a pair of Fritz LS/5-R which are essentially the same sized speakers (same woofer with a ring radiator tweeter), 83dB. Excellent sounding speakers IMHO, but one needs the right amp to make them sing properly. [Just noticed this is in the Salk circle; don't mean to step on toes.]

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2020, 09:01 pm »
Depending on your sitting height, I think you'll discover they are too low. I've got a pair of 21" four-post stands that are wonderful stands. In my home office, they work fine. In my family room, they were too low. Slide a 2" or 3" slab of butcher block under the stands.

I own a pair of Fritz LS/5-R which are essentially the same sized speakers (same woofer with a ring radiator tweeter), 83dB. Excellent sounding speakers IMHO, but one needs the right amp to make them sing properly. [Just noticed this is in the Salk circle; don't mean to step on toes.]

I was wrong.  They are 25"

Carl V

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2020, 12:21 am »
Get a tape measure. See how far above the tweeter axis your ears are. Maybe tilt speakers back. Don’t listen to your momma About sitting up straight. . Sloucj!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2020, 01:46 am »
I was wrong.  They are 25"

Problem solved!  :thumb: