RP-504C Upgrade

wowarning

RP-504C Upgrade
« on: 16 May 2020, 12:56 pm »
Hi everyone. I just received upgrade kits for the RP-600M and the RP-504C from Danny and am excited to get them put together. This is my first speaker upgrade, so I was hoping for a little guidance. The 600Ms have a good deal of information between the videos and the forum posts, but the 504c does not (although I still am not allowed to search, so I guess possibly there is info out there that I cannot find.) Does anyone have a picture of how the crossover network for the 504C should be laid out? I have the schematic included with the kit, but translating that into how I should arrange everything onto a board is currently beyond my skill set. I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions on placement of the no-res inside the cabinet (size and location of pieces.) Thanks in advance for any help. I'm sure I'll wind up with more questions as I go, but I need to figure these out before I can even get started!

SirSasquatch

Re: RP-504C Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2020, 04:42 pm »
I'd like to request the same. I thought I could use the RP600m videos as a guide, but this speaker has enough differences that my confidence level in muddling through is low. Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2020, 12:14 am »
If you haven’t already, Definitely check out this thread: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=83325.0

Between that and the diagram included with the kit, hopefully you should be able to make progress. Sorry I don’t have those speakers so can’t share firsthand experience.

Also, if you lay out the parts the way you plan to assemble them and shoot a photo to Danny I’m sure he will give guidance as needed.

SirSasquatch

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2020, 01:29 am »
Thanks for the pointer and advice. The speaker has 4 woofers in a 2.5 way design, so I wasn't sure how to wire it, but I'll take my best shot at it and send a photo if I think I'm doing it wrong. Thanks again.

wowarning

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2020, 02:51 am »
I saw that general post on crossovers last night. That's a fantastic post, and if it was the crossover for 504c in those pics I'd be all set! It would be much simpler to have a plan to follow instead of taking a guess and sending pics for confirmation. I can probably figure out the diagram, but a picture or even a drawing of the components as they physically appear, laid out in the way they go together - that would be wonderful.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2020, 03:20 am »
Looks like Homer2 has completed the center channel upgrade and posted a photo over on the RP600M thread, hop over and see if that may be what you need.

wowarning

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2020, 03:17 am »
Looks like Homer2 has completed the center channel upgrade and posted a photo over on the RP600M thread, hop over and see if that may be what you need.

Cool! Thanks for the tip. Now I just have to hope that Homer2 nailed it!