My new Khartago SE is on its way to me!

Merckx1

My new Khartago SE is on its way to me!
« on: 15 May 2020, 01:51 am »
Super excited! Always linger in the Odyssey room when I’m at Audiofest, now I will have some of that magic in my living room! Thanks Klaus for keeping the light on and hope going for us audio fanatics during these trying times. Peace!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: My new Khartago SE is on its way to me!
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2020, 01:54 am »
Congratulations, what preamp do you will use?
« Last Edit: 15 May 2020, 03:05 am by FullRangeMan »

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2020, 11:00 am »
Hi,

Congratulations! May'be some Odyssey speakers in the future?  Just kidding.  Enjoy your new amplifier.

Cheers Rod

GentleBender

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2020, 01:08 pm »
Congratulations, you are in for a treat.  :D

Merckx1

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2020, 03:55 am »
Congratulations, what preamp do you will use?
Schiit Saga. Works well. MMG’s and SVS sealed sub. Nice, tight combo for low $.

MPH

« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2020, 02:08 pm »
Enjoy!

... and let us know what you think as the amp breaks in!

Merckx1

« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2020, 04:30 am »
Just got it today and it’s been on a few hours - let it warm up as my son played Xbox with his friends online. I’ve owned a Hypex 400AD amp with custom linear (not switching) power supply For like 12 years and have liked it with my Magnepans. The upgrade bug hit me so I tried a few different amps. An Adcom 5400, PS Audio Trio A100 but both were lesser than what I had. Adcom grainy and the PS Audio just weird. I went to stores but an amp that can drive Maggie’s in my price range? But this, I dunno. I really like it! It sounds... more like music? I mean anything I throw at this amp is cast in a whole new light. I guess now I know what the audiophile cliche’ “musical” means! Haha!
Thanks, Klaus. Really, this Khartago is a beautiful marvel!

GentleBender

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2020, 11:29 am »
It will get better with time as it breaks in.

Merckx1

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jun 2020, 03:08 am »
Two weeks in with the Khartago SE. Everything is luscious and warm and perfectly bathed in flow and detail. Of course the bass comes to party only after it’s thoroughly warmed up! And singers’ voices are sweet but... they are about 6 feet behind the speakers. I’m used to them being in my lap! Is this by design? Will it change? Anyone recall this happening with their Odyssey amps? I’m okay with it as is because I’m listening to old cds that I couldn’t tolerate with the Hypex amp. Jus’ wondrin’.

CSI

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jun 2020, 06:24 pm »
I enjoyed my Khartago for many years. It does open up a bit after break in but it will never be "bright" or "forward" sounding if that is what you expect. It will always present the music to you without colorations. Plus, Klaus is one of the outstanding good guys in this business. If you have problems or questions just call him. As I recall, it is easiest to reach him late at night (his time).

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jun 2020, 02:19 am »
Well,  because Rickie Lee Jones, or any of the other singer didn't record sitting in your lap,  heheheheeee

DeeCee

« Reply #11 on: 8 Jun 2020, 03:29 pm »
Once upon a time (long ago), a local singer doing a jazz gig sat on my lap and sang to me on New Years Eve, but I don't think ANY audio system could reproduce *that*!  :lol:

(Special note to Klaus: If it can, uhhh, gimme a call...)

- DeeCee
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2020, 06:52 pm by DeeCee »

jpag

« Reply #12 on: 8 Jun 2020, 09:38 pm »
Congrats!   It's a great amp.  One way to make it better is to leave it on.  It takes several days, 2-4 without turning off power at night, for the amp to sound it's best.

Merckx1

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jun 2020, 05:55 pm »
Update: three weeks and about 100 hours in and the midrange has come out to play! I’m a bad owner. I turn off my system when I’m done and only give it ~15minutes of being on before I spin a disc. I’m an energy miser. Net zero home, solar panels, electric car. So anyway, the sound is opening up! Thanks for the encouragement guys, what a joyous process!

charmerci

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jun 2020, 07:43 pm »
 :scratch:

Well that doesn't make any sense. If you are a net zero home, what's the point of turning it off? It's not draining that much energy.

Glad to hear you like it so much though.

Merckx1

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2020, 09:39 pm »
Well, it does. I’m only net zero if we maintain a certain electrical footprint.  Adding 800 watt hours to the house load is not something I feel I need to do. Adding one small solar panel would cover it though, I’m sure.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #16 on: 15 Jun 2020, 12:28 am »
Update: three weeks and about 100 hours in and the midrange has come out to play! I’m a bad owner. I turn off my system when I’m done and only give it ~15minutes of being on before I spin a disc. I’m an energy miser. Net zero home, solar panels, electric car. So anyway, the sound is opening up! Thanks for the encouragement guys, what a joyous process!
Energy not cheap now a days also if your home have not a electrical ground at under 3 ohms it can be dangerous to leave equipment on in case of lightning during a rain.

Merckx1

« Reply #17 on: 15 Jun 2020, 01:21 am »
I really hope vehicle-to-grid becomes a thing soon. I’ve got a 66 kWh battery in the car. I could run everything off of that during late at night listening sessions (and during thunderstorms!)

WarmColors

« Reply #18 on: 11 Aug 2020, 05:22 pm »
How long did it take for you to receive your amp?

DeeCee

« Reply #19 on: 12 Aug 2020, 02:19 am »
How long did it take for you to receive your amp?
Mine took approx 8 weeks; Klaus hurt his back and he was down for a week, so in real time it was 7 weeks (forever  :lol)