Ford Vs. Ferrari

stlrman

Ford Vs. Ferrari
« on: 14 May 2020, 02:30 pm »
Very well done. Incredible racing scenes!! Definitely for car racing fans, a must.
Sky high RT scores!!
I found it entertaining, but a bit formulaic.
7.5 out of 10

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Ford Vs. Ferrari
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2020, 02:49 pm »
Glad you posted this.  I watched it a week ago, and agree-- very well done.  Christian Bale has separated himself from the field of actors as clearly the best.
I think he and Daniel Day Lewis stand atop everyone from the last 30 years. 
8.5/10

Mike B.

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2020, 03:42 pm »
I gave it three stars. I have been around car racing for many years and met Carroll. I was unhappy Damon played him. He does not fit the stature or image IMO.
It is based on a true story but they have added or left out stuff to make it more entertaining. If you are interested there are a number of comparisons available between what really happened and the movie.
I would call it a good popcorn summer type film. YMMV

jimbones

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2020, 03:51 pm »
A friend of mine was an extra in the film. Incredible, he lost his job as a real estate agent and in 2 years he has been in 6-7 major films, dozens of commercials, many many prime time TV shows. No background experience. I believe it is due to his friendships (ToTo) in the entertainment world. Some people that study drama and have special talents never ever get to realize their dream.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2020, 06:48 pm »
  Certainly WHO you know than what you know. Unfortunate but true.

charles

dalton

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2020, 05:20 pm »
I was a bit concerned that it might have been a big rah-rah, USA, Ford good beating the big bad Ferrari, but it really wasn’t. If anything, Ferrari was a side story.
The suits at Ford were painted as the bad guys, which in this particular story they definitely were. And boy did they ever come across as a bunch of *******s.
The story really was based all around Ken Miles. So it’s hard to call it anything other than a tragedy.
They did take their fair share of artistic license with some of the historical facts, but then again, I don’t think they ever claimed it was a documentary.