Odyssey Liquid Loudspeakers

jimmy warren

Odyssey Liquid Loudspeakers
« on: 13 May 2020, 07:59 pm »
Hello there

I would like some guidance on possibly getting a pair of Odyssey Liquid Loudspeakers.  I currently have a 200 WPC McIntosh MAC 6700 Receiver.  I currently have Goldenear Triton 3 loudspeakers but would really like to get a pair of hi end speakers.  I realize the LIQUIDS are monster speakers height at 50 inches tall and weight around 200 lbs per speaker from what I have read.   Bottom Line.  What would be the minimum size room I would need to accommodate a speaker of this size. My music taste are basically smooth jazz and vocals.   Will appreciate any opinions on this matter.   PS.  Anyone have a pair of Liquids I could listen to that live in Calif.?   I am 25 miles east of Sacramento in el dorado hills, CA  Thank you. Jim

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Odyssey Liquid Loudspeakers
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2020, 08:06 pm »
Welcome Jimmy  :thumb:

Brettio

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2020, 09:10 pm »
Welcome Jim,

As an owner of the Lorelei’s I can only imagine how incredible the Liquids must sound.  As you look around the Odyssey circle you’ll see a reoccurring theme, that is the best thing to do if you are contemplating an Odyssey product is to call Klaus directly. Not only are the Liquids Klaus’ babies but with so many years of setting up killer systems in hotel rooms he’s also an expert on addressing room issues. Not to mention that he’s just a cool guy to talk to. Get the phone number off the website and my suggestion is to call around 8:00 his time. 

Hope this helps, Brett

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2020, 10:40 pm »
Welcome!  Start a thread in the Odyssey circle to see if anyone has a pair of speakers near where you live.  I've heard the speakers at audio shows (never lifted them so I wouldn't know about the weight) and they sound great.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2020, 11:04 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Jimmy     :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2020, 02:23 am »
Hey Jimmy,

Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D