LS6 Neo8 Tweeter

edoggrc51

LS6 Neo8 Tweeter
« on: 11 May 2020, 05:28 am »
Hey fellas I recently sold my LS6’s. Unfortunately something happened during transit and one of the tweeters arrived DOA. I’m posting this to try and help my buyer find a replacement unit. Anyone happen to have one available? Or perhaps can point me in the right direction to one?

Thank you!!!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: LS6 Neo8 Tweeter
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2020, 05:37 am »
I do have one, but I've been saving it should I ever have a problem with my LS9's.  But Danny always keeps a small stock of parts for kits he sells.  Have you contacted him?

edoggrc51

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2020, 06:27 am »
Yeah my buyer talked to him yesterday I believe. He didn’t have any available. :(

If you decide to sell the one you have please let me know.

MarvinTheMartian

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2020, 10:55 am »
Both neo8s and neo8pdr are showing 'in stock' at
https://www.parts-express.com/brand/bohlender-graebener/275

Shawn

edoggrc51

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2020, 01:51 pm »
Unfortunately Danny said the tweeters in the LS6/9 speakers were modified versions. The off the shelf versions won’t work.

RusskySam

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2020, 04:21 pm »
Unfortunately Danny said the tweeters in the LS6/9 speakers were modified versions. The off the shelf versions won’t work.

While we should really hear it from the horse's mouth, I suspect that the modified part is the padding on outer rows of holes.
If that is the case, the stock Neo8's could be modified with some help from Danny's Yarn (TM). :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2020, 04:12 pm »
Guys relax, And sorry that it has taken some time to respond.

I always hold back drivers when we have custom versions made for stuff like this. I have a few of these custom Neo 8's left in stock.

I sell them only as replacements for failures.

And yes they are a custom 8 ohm diaphragm with the pdr technology only on the front side and with all five rows of magnets. No other version is like them.

Glady86

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2020, 03:58 am »
How do the LS6 compare to newer GR Research designs like the NX-Otica? There's a full set of LS6 for sale near me. Also how heavy are the LS6? What's a good fair price for them? The set has a center speaker and two surrounds, though I don't really need those.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2020, 04:24 am »
They compare quite well.  There are differences, for sure, but they all have their strengths. 
I think the LS6 and LS9 series are strongest on large scale music.  They excel at classical orchestral music.  The NX-Otica has an edge on vocals, smaller ensemble.  Both do everything well, and most things excellently. 
What's a fair price for a set of LS6's?  In my opinion,$2750 to $3500 would be a steal, up to $4500 would be fair to good value.  Up to $5000 I'd say you are getting your money's worth, but paying full price.

How heavy? Pretty darn heavy.  It might take 4-6 men to lift and carry my LS9's

Glady86

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2020, 04:37 am »
Thanks for the response. From that, the NX-Otica would be the better choice for me. I dont like to deal with heavy speakers that I cant easily manage myself.

Those LS6 speakers are listed on ebay located in Pennsylvania in case anyone was searching.

edoggrc51

« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2020, 05:20 am »
Guys relax, And sorry that it has taken some time to respond.

I always hold back drivers when we have custom versions made for stuff like this. I have a few of these custom Neo 8's left in stock.

I sell them only as replacements for failures.

And yes they are a custom 8 ohm diaphragm with the pdr technology only on the front side and with all five rows of magnets. No other version is like them.

Thanks for the reply Danny. I’ll pass along the info to the new owner. :)

They compare quite well.  There are differences, for sure, but they all have their strengths. 
I think the LS6 and LS9 series are strongest on large scale music.  They excel at classical orchestral music.  The NX-Otica has an edge on vocals, smaller ensemble.  Both do everything well, and most things excellently. 
What's a fair price for a set of LS6's?  In my opinion,$2750 to $3500 would be a steal, up to $4500 would be fair to good value.  Up to $5000 I'd say you are getting your money's worth, but paying full price.

How heavy? Pretty darn heavy.  It might take 4-6 men to lift and carry my LS9's

As a recent seller of 3 different sets of speaker, let me tell you no one is paying top dollar right now. Especially on 6ft tall speakers. I had my LS6’s and LS-C listed off and on for a few years now. The finally sold but not near my asking price.

On a side note, they are FANTASTIC! I hope I don’t regret selling them.