SOLD :SB Acoustics Ara Bookshelf speakers w/ Beryllium tweeter upgrade in Black

Cacophonix

I bought these speakers almost new from another local audiophile and has seen very little use. Shortly after buying them, we repurposed the media room, and switched to inwalls. I occasionally bring these out to listen, but nearly not often enough. So instead of just sitting on these, i'd prefer to rehome them. I'd been extremely hesitant to sell them as i loved the setup, but have come to realize that it'll be a while before i can get a point where i can have a music only setup.

They sound fantastic ... easily the best speakers i've had in my house. Paired with the sim audio Moon 240i, and the bluesound node 2i, they sounded perfect to me.

One of the screws got stripped while installing a woofer, but that doesn't impact the sound in any way. They have magnetic grills that hide the drivers ... so it wasn't an issue to me.

You can read the in depth review of Ara and Rinjani here -
http://www.audioxpress.com/files/attachment/2645

Madisound link is below:
https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/speaker-kits/satori-ara-2-way-speaker-kit-pair/

With the cabinet, they cost in excess of $1800, and without it is almost $1200.

I'm asking for $1150 with black gloss cabinets. Local sales preferred (Dallas area). I don't have the boxes, but if needed i can ship via Fedex. Buyer to pay for shipping

SOLD

« Last Edit: 6 May 2020, 08:06 pm by Cacophonix »

dflee

And local is?

Brettio

Looks like Dallas, Tx based on the location given in the profile.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Very cool: sophisticated cabinet with wedge behind mid/woofer and high-end drivers.  Hard to see the faceted top corners or the angled front baffle.  And these appear to have the upgraded (and very expensive) Beryllium tweeters! 

Cacophonix

Apologies for omitting out some info. Local is Dallas area ... while i don't have boxes, i can most definitely buy some from home depot, and pack it up good.

And yes, these do have the faceted corners, and angled baffle. Very cool looking speaker.