Newbie introduction to the site

76standard

• Mojoman
    • The Mojestyx
Newbie introduction to the site
« on: 2 May 2020, 08:27 pm »
Just reaching out to say hi as a new user of the site. I am a guitarist in a local R&B band called The Mojestyx.

My main interests with this site will be guitar and tube amp related information. Have always preferred New Old Stock and/or Old Stock vacuum tubes in my amps so will spend time on that topic. My favorite amps are a 1973 Fender Pro Reverb (40 watts), a drip edge 1968 Fender Bassman head (50 watts) and a THD Bi-valve head (30 watts). My main guitars include a Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster, a Washburn HB-32DM and a 1976 Gibson Les Paul. So many effects pedals to list, but my go to favorites are two Menatone overdrives, the Red Snapper and Blue Collar, a vintage BOSS CE-2 Chorus and the first version of the Fulltone Fat-Boost.

I have a fair amount of old stock preamp and power tubes that I have used in my amps chasing that elusive tonal nirvana we guitarist seem so possessed with trying to achieve. Just makes for some fun, and sometimes frustration. However, I never give up. That's what makes this so much fun, right?

Would welcome any comments, email messages, etc. Have also included a link to our bands webpage. OBTW, I'm the guy with the purple Turkish gentleman's hat in our band pic.

Wind Chaser

Re: Newbie introduction to the site
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2020, 02:50 am »
Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2020, 03:05 am »
Hi, Country songs welcome.  :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2020, 07:14 pm »
Welcome to AC and the Tube-O-Phile Circle!