Another new member says hello

Larpy

Another new member says hello
« on: 1 May 2020, 07:22 pm »
I'm a longtime audiophile who's become more and more DIY-oriented over the years.  Bought my first system as a high school student in the late 1970s (Pioneer receiver and turntable, Technics speakers) and discovered tubes when I bought a Wheatfield Audio headphone amp in the 1990s.  Built a Bottlehead preamp kit a few years later and I got hooked on DIY tube projects (audio and guitar amps).  I'm still no electrical engineer, but I can read a schematic and figure out a suitable layout.

My latest interest is Open Baffle speakers.  Bought a pair of Caintuck Betsys to pair with my first 300B amp (Bottlehead Kaiju) and I was stunned at how much I liked them. 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Another new member says hello
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2020, 07:28 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2020, 07:53 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

shoegazebass

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2020, 10:46 pm »
Hello from another forum newbie! I am fascinated by the DIY side of audio equipment. I have no experience working on electronics or with woodworking but I long to try building something. I live in a small apt. though and my wife would not like the smells or noise that might be involved but a man can dream!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2020, 11:09 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2020, 02:40 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Larpy   :thumb: