Hello from BC, Canada

gulf_island_guy

Hello from BC, Canada
« on: 22 Apr 2020, 08:37 pm »
What caught my eye and led me to audiocircle was a member advertising their Benchmark amp. As I looked around, I was glad to see members having calm, respectful conversations, a sharp contrast to some other sites I won't name, but which you all could guess. I live on a small-ish island which lies East of Vancouver Island, of which many more people would know. We're sheltering in place, like most others, but  since I'm retired, it's not as big a shock as it would be if my wife and I were still in the midst of running careers and raising a family.

Audio has always been part of my life since my early teens. I built audio kits, speakers, and a small collection of vinyl, and,after marrying at 21, feeling guilty when I would "steal" from the family finances to indulge my lust for "better". Nowadays, it's been a bit easier to justify new gear, partly because the window may be closing for me, as ears get older! I still get the most joy from vinyl, particularly expanding my jazz album inventory by haunting used record stores. Sadly, like many other things, that's now on hold. I hope my local hunting ground survives the lockdown.

I look forward to being part of this community.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from BC, Canada
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2020, 10:23 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2020, 10:33 pm »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2020, 10:48 pm »
From the southern interior (Okanagan Valley) welcome to Audio Circle. :D