SOLD: Lampizator Amber III

unitygain

SOLD: Lampizator Amber III
« on: 22 Apr 2020, 08:05 pm »
One of the most realistic, unmechanical sources ever made: selling my superb and beautifully built Lampizator Amber III in like-new condition with nearly 5 years left on its warranty. Designed with the time-tested principles of 1940s analog design, this DAC provides a thoroughly natural, holographic presentation as well as the tonal beauty and in-the-flesh presence that are the hallmarks of truly great triode sound.

I am the original owner and purchased this unit on April 14th from Lampizator North America. It is thus very new.
This unit is in the silver finish with blue front light and includes its transferable 5 year warranty.
As this is a like new unit, it does sound stunning already but should open up even more beautifully.

MSRP: $3400.
Asking: $2750 and/or reasonable offers.
Buyer pays shipping from NY and Paypal.
Save and skip the usual $150 of international shipment from Lampizator Poland and 3 weeks lead time for a unit wirh equivalent warranty and condition.
Established 100% rating on Audiogon and Usaudiomart (username: transience), hence demonstrably dedicated to buyer satisfaction.
Thanks, and wishing you all happy listening!

SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS UNIT
Type: Digital to analog converter
Digital Frequency Response: 20Hz to 80kHz
Analog Frequency response: 1Hz to 100kHz
DAC: Up to 32-bit/384kHz decoding
Digital Inputs: BNC and RCA S/PDIF, USB, and XLR AES/EBU
Analog Output: Unbalanced RCA
Tube Compliment: ECC99 input, ECC82 output buffer, 6X5 tube rectifier.
Parts: Copper output caps, CLC power filter
Decoding: PCM & DSD
Output: 3 Volts
Dimensions: 17.3" x 5.5" x 13.1" (WxHxD)
Weight: 15.4 lbs.
Finish: Silver, Blue Light

« Last Edit: 20 May 2020, 08:45 pm by unitygain »

dawkimi

Re: FS: Lampizator Amber III
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2020, 10:10 pm »
Unitygain,

Just curious as to what tubes you are using in your TRP and if you have a reliable source.  I recently acquired a Golden Atlanta TRP and am curious about what tube combinations potentially sound best.  Thanks for your time and assistance.

Mike

unitygain

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2020, 10:17 pm »
Hi Mike,

1950s RCA 6V6 or new Gold Lion KT66 plus Psvane 274B-TII have been my favorite to date among many combinations. The 6V6s are a little more linear/sparkly and less creamy/weighted than the KT66s. Have also done a number of KT88s, El34s (stock), KT77s, and even KT150s, but the top two have been the most deeply satisfying. That the Amber 3 with stock tubes (!) (I haven’t opened it) can hang right up there is a little uncanny; it sounds a lot like the Atlantic TRP with KT77s (which is a nice, well-judged balance!). Sonically, then, moving to the TRP is admittedly a matter of diminishing returns but I do like the ease of tube rolling. Hard choice: outrageous value vs some added versatility and exposed tubes.

Best,
Alex
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2020, 04:52 pm by unitygain »

unitygain

Re: NFS: Lampizator Amber III
« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2020, 08:04 pm »
Deciding to keep this unit. Thanks to all for looking.

Drew769

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2020, 05:29 pm »
Good move!  You’re not touching it for close to that money.  It’s outstanding.

unitygain

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2020, 05:43 pm »
I'm so glad to keep this and cannot recommend it highly enough. In my view, it’s competitive (sonically, if not in terms of flexibility) even with Lampizator’s own slightly upper scale offerings like the Atlantic TRP, which I've also had in my system. Very natural, holographic, and satisfying – really a superb end-game DAC.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2020, 07:33 pm by unitygain »

unitygain

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2020, 01:57 pm »
Update: re-listing as I'm funding to move up the range; have too many NOS tubes on hand not to roll. Tube rolling is probably an addiction; when will it enter the DSM? :duh:

That said, it is hard to beat the Amber 3 output stage; even the ridiculously expensive Lampizator Vinyl MC1 Phono stage went for the same output tube setup as the Amber for best sound, which tells you something! :thumb:

unitygain

Re: SOLD: Lampizator Amber III
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2020, 08:45 pm »
Sold to a very lucky buyer!