BDP-1 problem

Marius

Re: BDP-1 problem
« Reply #20 on: 10 May 2020, 09:34 pm »
you need to hit a certain number of folders (20 i think) to trigger that menu.  The menu doesn't generate till the list is fully loaded as the menu configuration is the last bit of data sent.

that's odd: Ive got 110 in that specific top folder....I do think it is fully loaded. Or t least as loaded as it will ever be.. maybe the BDP1 hasn't got enough resources to fully load?
It does show on my Jazz folder which only has 92 I now notice ;)

but wait: I now see this popup:

that's new to me..

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 11 May 2020, 03:41 pm »
Is that to say there are 110 items in that list being displayed?

If you close the popup does it stay gone?

Chris

Marius

« Reply #22 on: 11 May 2020, 03:51 pm »
Is that to say there are 110 items in that list being displayed?

If you close the popup does it stay gone?

Chris

yes that is my top folder for classical music, with 110 subfolders, 1 for each composer. I checked a few other top folders, and they do show the dropdown alphabet.

Haven closed it, as I was afraid to interrupt a proces that had been going on for hours ;)
In the end, I power down, and everything needs to startup from scratch on next power I guess? Or is this somehow cached?

It always starts like this:

and after a while, probably around a minute, maybe 2 the folder list appears:

without dropdown box

while eg my Jazz folder has it immediately

Rocket

« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2020, 10:54 am »
Hi Guys,

Since I started reading this thread my BPD-1 now has an 09 error code lol.  Looks like I need to change the battery.  Thanks for the information as it really helps.

Cheers Rod :)

M3 EuroLTW

« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2020, 04:49 pm »
Depending on how much Real Estate is left on the back panel of a device, it would make sense to have these batteries be more accessible for users without having to necessarily take the whole top off a unit. We have examples over time of Bryston hardware with user serviceable fuses that can be accessed from the back panel with common everyday tools, or without tools perhaps. Fuses may or may not blow over the "lifetime" of a device.  These button batteries are almost CERTAIN to be replaced over the lifetime of the device.  Just a thought to have these accessible for replacement on the back panel.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 14 May 2020, 06:11 pm »
Depending on how much Real Estate is left on the back panel of a device, it would make sense to have these batteries be more accessible for users without having to necessarily take the whole top off a unit. We have examples over time of Bryston hardware with user serviceable fuses that can be accessed from the back panel with common everyday tools, or without tools perhaps. Fuses may or may not blow over the "lifetime" of a device.  These button batteries are almost CERTAIN to be replaced over the lifetime of the device.  Just a thought to have these accessible for replacement on the back panel.

Hi

Not sure how you would do that as the battery is on the main computer board.

james

M3 EuroLTW

« Reply #26 on: 14 May 2020, 06:32 pm »
Not sure how you would do that as the battery is on the main computer board.

Suggestion was not how to work on an existing product, rather an idea to use on future products that have the need for a back up battery.  Much like some very small and thin remotes have a slide in/out tray to replace the battery. It would no longer be mounted to the main pcb directly.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/battery-holders/4573805/

As an example.   I'm not an industrial designer, so I can't really speak to the advantages and disadvantages of the idea, but it seems to have some merit at first glance to be able to replace the battery from the back panel, and not have to open up the whole device, possibly marring the Robertson screws etc...

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2020, 09:49 pm »
Suggestion was not how to work on an existing product, rather an idea to use on future products that have the need for a back up battery.  Much like some very small and thin remotes have a slide in/out tray to replace the battery. It would no longer be mounted to the main pcb directly.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/battery-holders/4573805/

As an example.   I'm not an industrial designer, so I can't really speak to the advantages and disadvantages of the idea, but it seems to have some merit at first glance to be able to replace the battery from the back panel, and not have to open up the whole device, possibly marring the Robertson screws etc...

It is a good suggestion and the battery replacement is something we've been seeing quite a bit of lately, particularly with the BDP-1.  We may incorporate it in future designs, however more stringent safety standards have started flagging these small batteries as a safety concern so modifying anything to do with the battery then becomes scrutinized. 

Chris