Thank you for the welcome and the questions. I have been involved in the audio industry for over 30 years designing amplifiers for some of the larger players in the industry. In the past few years, I have been itching to bring a few of my designs to market that have not been seen previously. To make this happen, I launched Six Acoustic with some like minded and similarly experienced compatriots. Initially, we set out to bring a high power full range integrated amp to market which has a fair bit of history with me. A few interesting things emerged during development:
1. The new amp would not be designed for mass consumption and therefore some of the accompanying constraints were lifted
2. We could shift focus away from appealing to the largest market segment and instead focus on creating audio tech that we would want to own (ie. best possible performance)
3. We could deliver the desired tech at reasonable cost while manufacturing in Canada
Having essentially completed the development of the high power amp and taking the above into account, it occurred to me that we might do well to raise our public profile with a lower powered offering before the launch of the big amp. I had concurrently become aware of a dramatic rebirth of the vinyl market and the growing demand for higher end phono preamps as a result. Putting these things together, our vision for the York phono preamp was born. Development began in earnest in 2018. We are now in a position to launch the new phono preamp.
What does our phono preamp offer that differentiates it from the wide range of offerings available?
- on specs alone it can challenge any of the entrenched high end players
- list of features for the enthusiast
- gentle on the pocket book
- made in Canada (relatively local even if you are in the US)
It is not one element alone but the combination of elements that should elevate our profile in the minds of prospective adopters of our technologies.