Speaker design development Techtalks?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Speaker design development Techtalks?
« on: 13 Apr 2020, 03:08 pm »
And I thought I'd let you guys run with this one and have a little fun with it without me poo pooing any of the ideas.

I go through this with every design I do.

On this one though the real truth is that once you slam the dual servo subs up under them then you don't really need the rest of those mid-bass drivers. Just the MTM on top works fine.

Speaking to the second comment specifically, i think this would be a great topic for a TechTalks video! I'd love to see/hear Danny's process when it comes to brainstorming, designing, testing, revision, of a given design. As well as some of the the things he's looking for, and looking to avoid, in its design, and how missing a crucial design element could cause issues.
(And given the several development threads here for the NX line, along with the Studios, Super Minis, wedgies, etc, there's a lot of visual info to pull from, and i imagine there's even more behind the scenes we've never seen too)

I imagine it would have to involve multiple parts as there are multiple types of speakers each with their own quirks. (OB, sealed, ported, horn, etc) but I really enjoy your videos, esp when they delve into things most people would never think to look into, or look at from the wrong perspective.

Hell, even "poopoo" our ideas directly, point out their flaws, and how they could be addressed from a design aspect, and how we can avoid similar issues in the future.

Just curious if anyone else would want to see this too, or discuss it further?

Captainhemo

Re: Speaker design development Techtalks?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2020, 04:28 pm »
Sorry, not sure what happened to my   post.....   obviouisly I goofed but I am not  going to re-write the entire thing  now...

In  a nutshell,     after  working  along side   Danny for a  number of years and learning  a  ton :) ,  I can tell you ,  a lot of it is in the current videos.

Keep in mind  as well,  sometimes  driver  specs, responses etc  can be misleading...   what you  sometimes  actually  end up with is not   what   some of the info would lead you  to believe... get the drivers in hand and do the  measurements to see what  you  are  actually  working  with

jay
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2020, 06:43 pm by Captainhemo »