Hi, pleased to have joined

mm1854

Hi, pleased to have joined
« on: 12 Apr 2020, 05:09 am »
Hi,

Many years ago, I had some decent 2way B&W speakers powered by my Dad's homemade amp and pre-amp.  He is the real audiophile in the family, I just like to listen.  Unfortunately these speakers did not last as they were 15W class A amps with diodes in the pre-amp matched to show when getting close to clipping.  Not a problem for my own use, but the tweeters did not survive a party where people where instructed to not increase volume beyond lighting up the central diode.  Apparently someone did not listen:).  Life got in the way, and that is how my system sat for years.

Fast forward several years, and about 6 months ago I made the "mistake" of walking into an audio store to listen to some Magneplanars I had heard a lot about, and I knew immediately I was in trouble meaning I could not un-hear that experience and I was going to have to spend some money.

Having since read and watched countless youtube reviews, came across New Record Day and some reviews of GR Research DIY speakers which I found fascinating and refreshing, which has now led me to this forum.  Looking forward to learning from everyone on here!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hi, pleased to have joined
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2020, 12:26 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2020, 12:51 pm »
Welcome to AC!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2020, 02:22 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle. :D