Schiit Mani and Ortofon 2m Bronze

TKonrad.NOLA

Schiit Mani and Ortofon 2m Bronze
« on: 8 Apr 2020, 06:55 pm »
What gain settings are you using if you have this combo?  I am noticing all kinds of speaker cone bouncing.  I did not have this with my previous amp (Yamaha AS2100) with a built in phono stage.

Phil_S

Re: Schiit Mani and Ortofon 2m Bronze
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2020, 09:12 pm »
"Sounds Like" you need a low frequency/rumble filter.  What you appear to be experiencing is pumping coming from the record.  It can be caused by small warps, feedback (at high volume), or an disk that is not centered.  KAB has one and I'm sure there are many others.

Pete S

Re: Schiit Mani and Ortofon 2m Bronze
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2020, 03:32 pm »
What gain settings are you using if you have this combo?  I am noticing all kinds of speaker cone bouncing.  I did not have this with my previous amp (Yamaha AS2100) with a built in phono stage.
Did you get this sorted out?

I have a Mani and a 2M Bronze on its way to me. The 2M Bronze does have a slightly higher dynamic compliance than the 2M Red that came with my turntable. If you have a high mass tonearm and headshell, that wouldn't be ideal with the 2M Bronze, as I understand it: https://www.vinylengine.com/cartridge_resonance_evaluator.php?eff_mass=12&submit=Submit

I needed to order a second headshell anyway, so chose a lighter one for use with my 2M Bronze.