SI 5066 - Any left out there?

albee

« on: 18 Feb 2005, 10:30 pm »
Am I really going to have to wait to March?  I've Frooglized myself silly and found naught.  Frustration . . . .

Panelhead

Re: SI 5066 - Any left out there?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2005, 10:43 pm »
Quote from: albee
Am I really going to have to wait to March?  I've Frooglized myself silly and found naught.  Frustration . . . .

Look on the www.si-5.com website. Thhey are listed again for 39.95. My last one came to 45.00 delivered.

George

albee

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2005, 05:22 pm »
efunctional.com show 5066's in stock today, 2/22/05.

ohenry

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2005, 05:58 pm »
A little off thread, but I looked at the profusionplc.com site and they have a stripped down version of the TA2024 evaluation board (no jacks, sleep/mute, etc.).  I may try that one because to my electronic novice eyes, it looks like a nicer platform for the TA2024 (something about the SI board's funky look bothers me).  Of course, the Tripath product is about twice the price, but twice the price is still reasonably inexpensive.

Unfortunately, these are out of stock for a few weeks at Profusion, I'm not sure if Tripath has any in stock now.

Feisal K

• DVD-A registry
« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2005, 06:38 am »

zoob

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2005, 07:08 am »
I've been looking for one of these as well, except I also decided to start running to every Target store in the area, with no luck.

I doubt efunctional actually has one..... their website looks exactly the same as procura.com, where the status shows in stock, but an angry audiophile ranted on resellerratings that they in fact did not have any.

Feisal K, where did you hear the March date? I'm currently backordered at ecost/pcmall/macmall, and they were due in Feb 18th, but after calling them I've learned that shipment has not come in.

I'm calling ecost again tomorrow, and then I'll check with Service Merchandise, if only because I haven't seen one of their brick and mortar stores for years. :lol:

At this point, I'm considering buying one of the Soundpax cardboard speaker sets from thinkgeek, as they come with a t-amp for $49.99 or $60 shipped. They apparently don't sound horrible, and would be fun to play around with.

Panelhead

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2005, 10:58 am »
Quote from: zoob
I've been looking for one of these as well, except I also decided to start running to every Target store in the area, with no luck.

I doubt efunctional actually has one..... their website looks exactly the same as procura.com, where the status shows in stock, but an angry audiophile ranted on resellerratings that they in fact did not have any.

Feisal K, where did you hear the March date? I'm currently backordered at ecost/pcmall/macmall, and they were due in Feb 18th, but after calling them I've lear ...

They claim that the 5066 will be here in less than a month. But the SoundPax system is not bad. I purchased one from si-5 for 45.00 shipped and another off ebay for the 5066.
  The wife and kids think the backpack and cardboard speakers are cute. Try one, the sound is much better than you think.

George

Feisal K

• DVD-A registry
« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2005, 12:30 pm »
Quote from: zoob
Feisal K, where did you hear the March date? I'm currently backordered at ecost/pcmall/macmall, and they were due in Feb 18th, but after calling them I've lear ...

same here.. we have a few on order at eCost - they keep pushing the date back. I don't remember but someone mentioned March after the Feb 18 date got close

Bemopti123

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2005, 02:56 pm »
MacMall under electronics seems to have it.  I do not remember the price, maybe close to MSRP?

doggie

In Stock at...
« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2005, 07:11 pm »
the Sonic Impact web site. They go for $39 and ship same day. Still an amazing bargain...

doggie

41mz.com
« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2005, 07:17 pm »
Quote from: Feisal K
How about these guys

http://www.41hz.com/main.aspx?pageID=85

I emailed back and forth with them a bit. Very nice and very informative. Be careful however. Their kits require that you solder surface mount components. Not everyone's idea of a good time :-)

panomaniac

Re: 41mz.com
« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2005, 12:48 am »
Quote from: doggie
Their kits require that you solder surface mount components. Not everyone's idea of a good time :-)

You ain't kidding!  :roll:

jkelly

My Target Sonic Impact T-Amp shipped today 3/11
« Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2005, 02:16 am »
Got a email notice that my Sonic Impact Portable T-Amp $29.99 shipped from Target today 3/11.  I guess they are starting to flow again.

Jeff

albee

« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2005, 02:22 am »
I got an email today from Parts Express saying my two SI's shipped yesterday evening.   Odd, two suppliers shipping on the same day!  I plan to do a L/R bi-wire on my two-way Klipsch.  (An amp per channel. )

Texas42

« Reply #14 on: 12 Mar 2005, 03:25 am »
My SI amp shipped today (3/11) via Target as well.  Can't wait to compare it to the JVC RX-F10 I picked up a couple of weeks ago.  By the way, thanks to all on this board who recommended the JVC.  While somewhat disappointed in the speaker connections and video inputs I am stunned by the sonics of the amp; especially at this price point.  I'm anxious to see if the new JVC line coming out in a few months improve on the F10's shortcomings.  

Regards,

Dave

kck

« Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2005, 03:38 am »
Ditto the shipping notice from Target today. Clearly the new shipment has arrived.

albee

« Reply #16 on: 16 Mar 2005, 05:34 am »
Well, I just took my two, newly-arrived, 5066's and Blue Tac'd them to opposite sides of a brick, ran 4-conductor speaker wire from each amp to my bi-wireable RB-5's, and have commenced break-in.  Using them as monoblocks has already made a significant diff in the imaging.  I'm using a 13.8V/3amp Pyramid for break in and will switch to my Everstart later.  It will be interesting to see how long the 7amp/hr batt will play pushing two units at once.

jkelly

« Reply #17 on: 22 Mar 2005, 12:26 pm »
Looks like Parts Express has them now also.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-952

Jeff

superdow

Are they in stock or not???
« Reply #18 on: 22 Mar 2005, 07:57 pm »
parts express sent me this message today but their site is showing that it is not available until early april  hmmm
Dear superdow@yahoo.com,

We are happy to inform you that item #300-952,
SONIC IMPACT 5066 PORTABLE 30W T-AMP                        
is now back in stock at http://www.partsexpress.com.
Click here or copy into your browser to check it out!

Thank you,
Sales Department
Parts Express

Texas42

« Reply #19 on: 25 Mar 2005, 05:54 am »
I just got in two of them;  one is still in the sealed double box.  I'll let it go for $30.00 shipped if anyone wants it.  I don't really need two.  PM or email if interested...