Greetings from NH

nagogpark

Greetings from NH
« on: 2 Apr 2020, 09:31 pm »
Hi everyone, I down sized and thought I was all set, yea right. I've since sold my down sized system and building up a new system. Hope to get and give insight going forward. Regards!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Greetings from NH
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2020, 10:46 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2020, 10:51 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC nagogpark   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2020, 11:50 pm »
Welcome to AC!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 2 Apr 2020, 11:55 pm »
Yeah I tried the downsizing thing once too, didn't go quite as planned.

Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

drmike

« Reply #5 on: 3 Apr 2020, 01:26 am »
greetings from candia.
welcome,
drmike

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 3 Apr 2020, 11:37 am »
Welcome!

Yep, went through a forced downsizing (divorce/house to apartment) years ago.  Moving back into a house and discovery of the internet brought me back to high-end audio. 

But down sizing doesn't necessarily mean down grading.  It can mean simplifying.  (Last year I replaced a server, software, power conditioner, RAID, DAC/preamp, and mono-blocks plus all the cables with a wonderful NAD M10 "streaming amplifier" that is compact yet flexible and feature ladened.)   Down sizing can also mean upgrading.  (I'm a big fan of active speakers for their huge technical and sonic advantages.  Because of their enhanced bass nearly all are monitor sized and of course have the amps built in.)  Down sizing can also mean saving money.  (It's never been a better time to buy into audio, with CD quality streaming leading the way, so storage of albums/CDs no longer needed.  A small DAC/preamp like the Sabaj D5 is near state of the art and available for $470.  Class D amps are top drawer performers, can be cheap and small.)