This Morning's Breakfast - Apple, Kale, Vitamins, and Soy Milk

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
For variety, I sometimes make vitamin, veggie and fruit smoothies with out Vitamix blender. I just made one today, and I'm drinking it now.

I normally add Dinosaur Kale because it doesn't impart an overly-strong flavor. This time, however, I added two leaves of the frilly variety (don't know the correct name) and I poured in a couple teaspoons of turmeric. Holy S#!t! I had to add maple syrup to take the edge off. This is powerful tasting....too powerful....I won't use this variety again. Yuck! It is very healthful, so I will finish it, but it is a bit of a challenge.

Check out the color:

This is a 20-ounce mug.

guf

yeah i do this on the regular. 

kale or spinich, banana, cashews, 3 dates, chia, mixed berries, blueberries and strawberries

often carries through morning into lunch.

Wind Chaser

Each morning for breakfast I measure out and thaw 400 grams of wild blueberries, add one or two frozen organic bananas into the blender and that's it. Day in day out, week after week this is my primary breakfast thru out the year. I'm done with smoothie exploration.

mresseguie

I don’t make smoothies every day, but I do like to add different ingredients to achieve different flavors and/or nutrients.

John, do you eat that delicious apfel strudel for lunch? I still remember it.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right

The perfect omlet.  Whip the whites until foamy, fold in the yokes, very low heat, canola oil not butter, turkey sausage and a mix of chedder and jack cheeses, paprika and pepper to taste.  I hate kale.

Wind Chaser

John, do you eat that delicious apfel strudel for lunch? I still remember it.

Had some last week but it's more of a dessert / treat and we don't have it too often.

stlrman

Oatmeal, blueberries, milk ,  maple syrup. Yum!!!!

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Tin of skinless boneless sardines in olive oil, which I drink.  And an Orange.  :thumb:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Fried rice/egg with veggies for me.

charles

Phil_S

Steel Cut Oatmeal. Cranberries, Cinnamon, Brown Sugar
Coffee

screener

Shake.
Blueberries, plain Greek yogurt, olive oil, flax seed oil, chia seeds, turmeric, Maca powder, walnuts, protein powder, water and sometimes peanut butter.

lokie

Sorry... I couldn't help myself:

smargo

i couldnt resist either

ctviggen

Coffee, sometimes with cream, for me. Mainly eat 2 meals a day, sometimes one, sometimes none.

Wind Chaser

When I worked the graveyard shift I'd come home and have one every morning at 7:00 am. Anytime is a good time for a cold brew.  :D

Early B.

Hey guys -- be careful with excessive sugar in your morning smoothies. All of those fruits blended together may seem healthy, but it's super sweet. Because it's blended, there's not enough fiber to slow the absorption of sugar in your blood. 

I do a protein drink as my breakfast almost every morning -- some combination of water, soy or almond milk, raw nuts, protein powder, spirulina, fresh or frozen raw spinach leaves, fresh ginger, cacao, gelatinized maca, lecithin powder, and whatever else is available. Sometimes I'll add a banana or a few frozen blueberries. 

Wind Chaser

The sugar in fruit is not an issue if it isn't separated from the fiber.

Folsom

Maple syrup has other very healthy benefits that outweigh the sugarness. But I recommend Grade B/A grade dark (they changed the name because B wasn't inferior to A, it was just different).

Michael, do you know your blood type?

I like Kale chips. Juiced? Ok. In food? It has to be turned almost into a powder or I don't like it - minced to all hell.

mresseguie

Jeremy,

I'm AB+. No diabetes, no high blood pressure, no underlying conditions.

For my smoothies, I also add rolled oats, wheat germ, and pumpkin seeds for fiber.

Folsom

Jeremy,

I'm AB+. No diabetes, no high blood pressure, no underlying conditions.

For my smoothies, I also add rolled oats, wheat germ, and pumpkin seeds for fiber.

Nice! I recommended BT B not to consume a lot of soy. O isn't great but not as bad for liver.

My mother is AB+, somehow I'm A-.

I should make some smoothies, feeling inspired by it sounding good. The one thing I can't stand is all the places that put in bananas, I can't digest them.