My Introduction & Tubelab Simple SE project

Tryhard

« on: 13 Mar 2020, 05:54 pm »

I have joined have joined the audio circle forum to try and reach out to audio circle member wushuliu regarding his Tubelab Simple SE that he built in 2011. I wish to ask him a few questions regarding this project as this is the amplifier I would like to build for my son.

Introducing Myself-

I am not real audiophile; I do like Nice Toys I enjoy a good sounding simple audio system. - In the past I have had a nice basic audio system that included a A&R Cambridge A60 AMP, Thornes TD150 with Spica TC-50 speakers. I have very little experience with electronics would like to learn very badly.

I have had a few classic motorcycles from late 1950’s–70’s, a classic car from the 1960’s, and a few classic bicycles. I restored everything myself from the ground up. I get my pleasure from bringing something back to life. I don’t always stick to keeping thigs 100% original. I want them to be functional and purposeful to be used daily. this is an obsession that my family does not really understand.

My working career and some misfortunes in my life has led me to move internationally many times back and forth. This has cost me to lose all my treasures I have worked so hard for.

I am back in the USA looking for work, trying to start over again without any luck. A big target for me before I totally run out of money, is to build a basic vacuum tube amplifier for my son. Hopefully this will be worthy of him kipping and enjoy for the rest of his life.

Best Regards

Blackmore

Re: My Introduction & Tubelab Simple SE project
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2020, 10:51 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2020, 12:49 am »
Welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2020, 12:58 am »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2020, 07:07 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Tryhard   :thumb:

dwmaggie

• First memory of music was parents Zenith portable.
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2020, 01:14 am »
Eve TH,

Have you considered restoring an old tube radio, early 50s versions, nice crafted wood, very bass sounding.  Had one in the mid 60's, wish I still had it.  It was wonderful for late night clear channel radio.  Not a console, although that might be up your alley.  Listening to a tube radio at night used to lull me to sleep.  I have no talent for this kind of restoration.  PS, post two more times and the Audiocircle will open up for you.  Love the thought of old cars and bikes....sorry for your losses.  Jerry