Greetings from Charlotte

Zyphryx

Greetings from Charlotte
« on: 13 Mar 2020, 10:43 am »
Hi All-

Just went all in to high end audio last year. Someone gave me a copy of Robert Harley's Complete Guide... several years ago and I've been dabbling with higher end components for home theater and music for years. By accident I discovered the soundstage when I thought my center channel was active while the receiver was in 2-channel mode. As I drew closer to examine the problem, I realized that the sound was only coming from the loud speakers not the center channel. I was so amazed by this phenomenon that I eventually scrapped the HT setup and started exploring dedicated 2-channel. Now just having fun tweaking and modifying my system, and seeing how other folks build their systems.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else is doing.

Frank

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Greetings from Charlotte
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2020, 04:19 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Frank   :thumb:   

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2020, 04:45 pm »
Welcome to AC!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2020, 05:45 pm »
Welcome!

For an even bigger/deeper soundstage get rid of the big center rack.  I found that replacing a rack 1/3rd your size with a long shelf spiked to the floor opened up the soundstage.  Year's ago purists would use multiple amp stands, which are individual component platforms spiked off the floor.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2020, 07:14 pm »
Hi Frank,

Welcome to Audio Circle. :D

For an even bigger/deeper soundstage...

Spread your speakers wider apart and or move your ears closer to your speakers.  :D

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2020, 10:20 pm »
Frank,

Welcome to AC! I am about 1 hour north of you. Hope we can do a meet and greet at some point!

Best,
Anand.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2020, 12:51 am »
Welcome  :thumb: