BP25 concerns

racerxnet

BP25 concerns
« on: 10 Mar 2020, 10:18 pm »

James,

When switching the phase on the BP-25 I lose the right channel output to the speaker. Stopping the music and waiting, along with setting the phase to normal resolves the problem. I thought we should be able to switch this on the fly without detriment? Can anyone else switch the phase and let me know the status of the output.

Thanks,

MAK

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BP25 concerns
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2020, 10:41 pm »

James,

When switching the phase on the BP-25 I lose the right channel output to the speaker. Stopping the music and waiting, along with setting the phase to normal resolves the problem. I thought we should be able to switch this on the fly without detriment? Can anyone else switch the phase and let me know the status of the output.

Thanks,

MAK

HI MAK

It should not lose the channel when switching.

james

racerxnet

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2020, 12:58 am »
Well then it needs to be repaired. Please provide contact information and I can box it up and send it in. Should I send in the power supply and remote with the BP25?

MAK

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2020, 01:40 am »
Well then it needs to be repaired. Please provide contact information and I can box it up and send it in. Should I send in the power supply and remote with the BP25?

MAK

Check with Mike first as it may be something simple like a bad contact. - mpicket@bryston.com

james

Mesanjah05

« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2020, 01:36 pm »
A few years back I had the same issue.  I suspected it was my amp so I took my amp, 7B2, to Mike for inspection.  It wasn't the amp.  Mike suggested I shut down my BP-25 and toggle all the toggle switches off / on multiple times.  It corrected my chanel problem.  So I go through this routine annually and haven't had a recurrence since.  Worth a try.

racerxnet

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2020, 09:05 pm »
Looks like the email is bouncing.... James??

The following message to <mpicket@bryston.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <mpicket@bryston.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table'

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2020, 09:48 pm »
Looks like the email is bouncing.... James??

The following message to <mpicket@bryston.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <mpicket@bryston.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table'

Sorry - mpickett@ bryston.com --- (2 T's in PIckett)

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2020, 10:06 pm »
 I just had same issue with my BP25. The idea seems do work but what would have caused the loss of a channel ?..Could it be dirty contacts in the toggles from lack of activity ? :scratch:

racerxnet

« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2020, 02:33 pm »
There are enclosed relays on the board. One for the Mute, and the other for the Phase invert. Nothing is serviceable to clean. I've toggled the unit many times and the channel still drops out. Swap the XLR's around and the issue moves to the opposite side. Any chance Bryston would have the NF4EB-4M-24V relays. They are obsolete, or a possible replacement.

« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2020, 04:46 pm by racerxnet »

racerxnet

« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2020, 01:40 pm »
Any chance Bryston would have the NF4EB-4M-24V relays.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2020, 02:07 pm »
Any chance Bryston would have the NF4EB-4M-24V relays.

Hi

Check with Mike - mpickett@bryston.com

racerxnet

« Reply #11 on: 24 Mar 2020, 02:09 pm »
Hi

Check with Mike - mpickett@bryston.com

Sent an email several days ago. No reply. I sent another this morning. Thanks for your response James.

MAK

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2020, 02:26 pm »
Sent an email several days ago. No reply. I sent another this morning. Thanks for your response James.

MAK

OK I will check but business in Ontario (if not essential) have been ordered to shut down.

james

racerxnet

« Reply #13 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:37 pm »
Thanks James,

Got a reply from Mike and will purchase 2 of the relays for the BP-25. Stay safe!

Mark

Vhond

« Reply #14 on: 18 Feb 2021, 11:42 am »
What replacement has been used for the NF4EB-4M-24V relays?