A short introduction

Batmobil3250

A short introduction
« on: 10 Mar 2020, 08:49 am »
Hello audio friends.
I am a Dane residing in Denmark or Philippines depending on the time of the year. Music and hifi is my passion. Building speakers is another hobby. I like to build open baffles and horn systems. I condiser myself to be a lucky guy because i share my hobbies with my wife. In fact she is the one who build the speaker baffles and cabinets. I make the calculations and crossovers if needed.

Our system consist of the following gear: LTA Zotl 10mk2 and MZ2 with remote controlled volume. A diy dac using a battery powersupply and 60 pc (sixty) TDA1543 stacked in 5 blocks. The transport is for the time being a Marantz CD5000. We have a Basis 2001 (for sale) mounted with a The Wand Master 9" tonearm (for sale) and a DS Audio E1 optical cartridge (for sale). We must admit that we are not using our analog set up as much as expected. Is sound pretty good and convincing but we fall in the pit often and listen to cd's. Speakers is a set of Mirage M7Si - gems from the past and they still surpass a lot of more expensive newer models. We have another set of speakers which we made (hobby) using a Lii Audio Fast 8 and a second set of speakers using a set of Lii Audio Fast 15. Both in open baffle set ups.

Hope to meet fellow audio friends and exchange experience and ideas. 
Cheers from Denmark
Mike & Maricel

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: A short introduction
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2020, 08:56 am »
Welcome Mike :thumb:

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2020, 09:28 am »
Hello !

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2020, 11:18 am »
Welcome!

Wifey and I are thinking of downsizing to a nearby lakeside summer community (Michigan) in spring/summer and possibly to Panama in fall/winter.  How do you move audio back and forth? 

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2020, 12:51 pm »
Welcome!

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2020, 12:55 pm »
Great looking speakers !! And your wife helps build them! Your a lucky man !

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2020, 12:58 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Mike & Maricel   :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2020, 02:48 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

Batmobil3250

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2020, 06:29 am »
Thanks you all for the nice welcoming.
Stlrman: I am banned from using the tools - so no choice. We did the speakers you see on the picture in 2016 just before we leave to the Philippines Drivers are Dayton AMT Pro and 2 x 12" custom made Eminence Alpha Deltalite 2512 made to work in OB, internal cable from Zonotone in Japan. Our current prototype is still an Open Baffle but very different.
JLM: We dont move the set-up in Denmark. Our home in The Philippines is in Cebu/Santander far away from the big cities. We live at the family's resort - eden.ph. We have a cinema with seats for 50 people. It has a stage and a instrument bacline set up. We have many passing by and perform in the cinema or outside in the garden. So our needs for music is not the same as in Denmark. We have very big half oval room were we plan to build a new hifi system and make some crazy things.